Pack Service in the Little Belts?

Pelagic

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody know a packer that would be able to help in the Little Belt Mountains in Montana this Sept? Post here or DM if you know anybody would be great.

OP
P

Pelagic

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t end up finding anybody. Even took an ad out in the local classifieds. But I will be looking again for the next time I head out there, so if you find anyone, please post about it. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
There is a couple spots in the little belts where a guy could use a packer that we have horseback in to. FYI, there are usually already a couple horseback's in there- in a couple spots there are outfitter camps- possibly you could have cash with you and ask them if they would pack something out for you.

For the life of me I can't remember that outfitters name, but he runs a chitpile of guys in the one big canyon [that are screwing the whole thing up]

I posted this elsewhere, but it applies here so I'll add it now.

You'll be best off calling the recreation staff for that National Forest, the Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forest, to inquire and get information on the licensed and forest-approved outfitters for that part of the Forest. Keep in mind, for you to purchase packing services on a National Forest and to be legal, those services can only come from the approved outfitters and guides for the specific part of the Forest you wish to use. If you wish to rent pack animals, you could do so without using one of those outfitters, only if you receive the animals off the National Forest beforehand. If services are not available because the approved outfitters or guides are unavailable, which by now is likely going to be the case, the Forest would need to have that packer vetted and approved before you use them. Remember, paying for a packer is a commercial service, and such commercial services on a National Forest are regulated by Federal law. Call either the White Sulphur Springs office or the Belt Creek office to inquire. Phone numbers easily found with a google search. Not a lot of guys know that not any packer can simply be hired. I know of clients and the person they hired of getting busted for illegal outfitting. Happens every year on my Forest. A few phone calls beforehand clears it all that up though! Good luck this season!

DWBMontana

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried contacting Twin Sisters Trading Post in WSS, I am guessing they may know someone who you could hire out.

OP
P

Pelagic

Lil-Rokslider
You'll be best off calling the recreation staff for that National Forest, the Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forest, to inquire and get information on the licensed and forest-approved outfitters for that part of the Forest.

Yes, I reached out to the National Forest folks, who gave me a list of 5 or 6 outfitters (I think they were outfitters?) in the area. Reached out to everyone on the list and had no luck. Actually got a hold of only one of them, who said they didn't do outfitting and they were ranchers. When I go back to this area, I'll try them again and see if they have any new names.

Have you tried contacting Twin Sisters Trading Post in WSS, I am guessing they may know someone who you could hire out.

I did not. Will keep this note to make sure I do next time I go out there. Thanks!