Colorado OTC Elk online purchase

shanny28757

Lil-Rokslider
If i buy an OTC archery elk tag online and pick it up at a licensed dealer, how does that process work?

Do I have to specify which location i will pick it up or can i show up to any dealer with my proof of purchase / confirmation number and they will simply print it off for me?

I'm coming from out of state and don't want to miss a big step that will set my trip off on the wrong foot

OP
S

shanny28757

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going with a guy that asked me to buy ahead of time and pick it up. I was invited on this hunt and don’t want to rock the boat.

oldgoat

WKR
They will give you a order number, show up to any vendor, give them the order number and they can print it out. I just did it for me and the wife yesterday, stopped at Walmart on the way home and the girl, who had never done a pick up order had no problems getting it done.

OP
S

shanny28757

Lil-Rokslider
They will give you a order number, show up to any vendor, give them the order number and they can print it out. I just did it for me and the wife yesterday, stopped at Walmart on the way home and the girl, who had never done a pick up order had no problems getting it done.

Thanks oldgoat. That's exactly what i needed to know.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m going with a guy that asked me to buy ahead of time and pick it up. I was invited on this hunt and don’t want to rock the boat.

That doesn't really make much sense, am I missing something? If you're going to the store to pick it up the time to purchase an OTC outright can't be more than a couple minutes longer than having them look up and print out your license from the order number. I guess he just wants to make sure you have all the info ready and don't forget something at home?

ChrisS

WKR
Why wouldn't you just purchase it at the dealer? (Make sure you have your hunters ED credentials too)
Man, last year, I was about 75 miles down the road when I realized I had left mine sitting on my desk in my office.

Thankfully, it wasn't 1700 miles down the road.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
Last year, my brother left his tag back in PA and realized it halfway to Idaho. Luckily BIL that was with us is a postal carrier and his wife, our sister is a postmaster. His tag was waiting on us at the local post office in Challis, Idaho.