2014 Elk shed season..3 weeks and counting

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Ross, that does look like another darn good outting. I would have to say though I think Norse's shed partner might have the two of yours beat for cuteness. Great pics Norse, going to be tough to explain to mom why she wants to head out picking sheds with dad instead of going to the mall to get her nails done??? Well played sir.

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks deep, she is already a total outdoor girl....I think it might be big trouble for dad when she's a teen...lol

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Had a chance to sneak out for 3/4 of a day this past week. After finding the first freshy I set my back pack down to look in "close" proximity for the other side, well close turned into a mile circle and 4 other older sheds. I had to pack them old school over my shoulder and around my neck to get them back to the pack but we made it after a few short stops for water. Avery didn't think my pack was heavy enough so he pointed out 3 more sheds on the way out that he wanted me to pick up. Luckily for me two were old deer sheds and didn’t weigh much and the third was a decent fresh 5 that I was happy to tote up the rest of the way.

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a chance to get out with Nick and Avery........had a great day hiking in NW Mt with typical MT weather rain, rain and rain. Got to see Avery bring a Nick shed while glassing which was pretty cool..........found this big set that had sat on the ground for 2 years.......

Great pics!! Diggin this thread...keep em coming! Heres a few more rosies. A couple outings with the girls didnt turn upIMAG0111.jpgIMAG0084.jpg10153825_10202923581068805_2417985633481409921_n[2].jpgIMAG0099_BURST002_COVER.jpgIMG_2125.jpg much for numbers but they both found their first horns so I was a proud dad:cool

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Great pics BV, love the effort in the rocks. Well Avery and I participated in our first ever PRO-AM this weekend. As you can see the AM came out of the gates quick and over confident by swooping on the first fresh find (dead head). But the cool, calm collectiveness of the PRO prevailed as he wittily scooped up a dandy old set late into the day. Good weekend with great company. Hope Avery picked up a few pointers from Mags as I know I enjoyed Ross's wisdom.

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great pics BV that smile says it all! Looks like a darn good day in the Roks!!

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another day out for Magnum with good friends....who can see the antler, no wonder we cant find them all in this country:)

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Well done Ross. Glad to see I'm not the only one out there combing through the greenup trying to find a few more sheds before hanging it up for the year. Avery and I got out last week to try and match up a few we picked up earlier in the year. We could match up both but were able to match up one and find the same elks last year’s shed which had eluded me and a shed of him from when he was only a 5 pt. nice to match up 2 consecutive years of him. As you can see he didn't grow much between years. We were also able to get out with the brother in-law in a little more open country then we are use to and enjoyed the else terrain and wide open glassing. We didn’t do too badly for a few hours out one afternoon. The nice 6 pt actually is a match to the weird U shaped 2 pt shed next to it. Where found in a side canyon way back all by themselves 150 yds apart. Definitely a disappointment walking up on the second side only to realize it is only that and not a matching 6.

Great job Ross and Deep. Looks like alot of fun. It's getting pretty green, but still combing and have had a couple real fun days in the hills. Will post em up soon.

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
Okay Dakota is happy. He finally got his picture in this thread. We found this matching set last weekend.
elk shed2.jpgELK SHED 3.jpgELK DOG.jpgphotobucket-23173-1400472897996_zps3ff62e28.jpg

Last edited: