Colorado Unit 10

Summitt

FNG
EM010O1M

To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. I never thought I would draw this tag so with 104 days until the opener the adventure begins. I've already contacted everyone I know that's set foot in 10 and the information is flowing. I'll keep you guys posted, I'm relatively new on this forum but really like what I've seen. I hope to christen my new Kifaru Duplex/Nomad with a unit 10 bull!

Congrats! I am saving up my points for that same unit. I have a long ways to go however; my standard ML tag used to require a 1st choice draw even for cow, so I haven't been saving long (only 2 points so far since the E/S change to allow for a 2nd round draw). How many points did it take for ML? I'm thinking I'm going to have to settle for ML or Archery rather than 1st Rifle which last I looked was almost 30 pts for a bull.

cnelk

WKR
GMU 10 is a great hunt, especially with a ML.
I drew it 15 years ago and used a .50 cal Hawken I built in the '70s.

Not your typical elk terrain for sure!

OP
S

Summitt

FNG
Lineman,
I drew the hybrid bull tag with 6 points. I still can't believe it. Hunt planning just moved to the next level in my house! 103 days!

Lineman,
I drew the hybrid bull tag with 6 points. I still can't believe it. Hunt planning just moved to the next level in my house! 103 days!

Nice! I wonder if it helps that people like me don't even bother applying thinking it will take many more points. I would rather be able to plan ahead and go up several days before to scout and not have the oh crap moment come June 1. That's one thing that bugs me about goats is if you do happen to draw you are stuck with a ML tag you can't use.

OP
S

Summitt

FNG
I'm headed up to Unit 10 in two weeks for my first scouting trip. This will be my first chance to try out my new glass and pack. Can't wait!

Hey Summitt. How did you do? I just drew either sex for 10/1/18. Would love to hear your story and pick your brain before I head out scouting.