Colorado Unit 76

Hey guys -

No this is not another hey I've got X amount of points and...

I actually drew this tag last year and just wanted to offer up some help if anyone on here was thinking about putting in for this unit for an archery elk hunt.

I had some great insight and help and just trying to pay it forward.

Happy to offer up what I found and yes I was successful to boot so its not just well here's some info...

Good luck to everyone in the CO draws this year!!!

AaronIMG_0208.jpg001(4).jpg

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 568
  • 001(13).jpg
    001(13).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 533

the_bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
There are no elk in 76, or anywhere around there actually. Everybody just stay away lol.

Congrats on the bull!!! Awesome work!!

Bob b

FNG
Not enough elk points but did you see any nice bucks? Thinking about the archery deer hunt next year😄 Nice bull

OP
adbowhunter
Bob B,

I didn't see very many deer where I hunted (Around Rito Hondo Reservior) all the way to 12K...not saying they aren't there but I didn't see many. Now I do know where I'm eventually going to use my moose points...maybe in the next century:)

OP
adbowhunter
Bar -

Why would 76 be any more or less crowded than any other year...Did they raise the number of tags?

Just didn't know if they changed to tag allocations for this unit for 2016. I saw a few hunters in camps but never ran into anyone in the woods.

Bar

Banned
Some guys from out of state look for info like this when picking a unit. They have no clue where to go, and at least they know an elk was taken in 76. They also know about where now too.

I'm not a fan of giving out any info on units. I've lost so many spots that I worked hard to find from info given on forums. It's fine to show kills, but don't say where you got them.

I know i'm a grumpy old fart, but my style of hunting needs solitude. It's getting pretty hard to find it. I don't hunt 76. I'm just trying to make a point.

OP
adbowhunter
Well considering it took 9 resident points to draw that tag I'm all for paying it forward after many people on this site and others shared great information to me which provided the success that I got.

I get it, I hunt an OTC unit almost every year in Colorado and I don't share any information nor the unit that I hunt because I like my solitude as well.

But in the case of premium, limited entry tags, I'm all about giving people the opportunity to be successful. This great heritage needs more people involved and success helps that involvement.

Bar

Banned
Well considering it took 9 resident points to draw that tag I'm all for paying it forward after many people on this site and others shared great information to me which provided the success that I got.

I get it, I hunt an OTC unit almost every year in Colorado and I don't share any information nor the unit that I hunt because I like my solitude as well.

But in the case of premium, limited entry tags, I'm all about giving people the opportunity to be successful. This great heritage needs more people involved and success helps that involvement.

That's fine, but remember that 9 point unit used to be OTC. Think about why it isn't now.

if you want to help someone. Use a PM. That way you're telling one person instead of the whole world. Keep in mind the majority of hunters just lurk and read forums. They never join.

Last edited:

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
adbowhunter,,, I woulds love to chat with you on U-76, as I'm planning on hunting it this fall. Been putting a data base together for a few years now. Thanks for this great offer and pm sent... Ed