Idaho OTC Elk, Part I and II, by Ron Wright

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey all you elk hunters. Need a plan for the all-to-often times when you don't draw a bull tag? Rokslide member Ron Wright (Rizzy) lives and in Idaho and hunts DIY style. He's here to give us his take on how to hunt Idaho every year on over-the-counter tags. He covers different opportunities, value, tags, realistic expectations and more. Here is Part I of his two part series...

Idaho OTC Elk, Part I

Update:
attachment.php

All right Roksliders, the response to Ron's article has been great. It's time for Part II!

Idaho OTC Elk, Part II

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
Hmm, can't get to the article for whatever reason...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't have any problems with the link. Pretty good info on idaho I'm tuning in for part two

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Awesome article planing my first elk trip to rifle hunt Idaho this fall and this was just the kind of article I needed. Can't wait for part 2.

twsnow18

FNG
Pretty spot on in my experience, stomping some of the same zones as you Ron, good article.

I would concur that some of our OTC units would take 1-3 points to draw in neighboring states.

elkyinzer

WKR
No, stop! Everyone should go to Colorado! Really it's great, there are no wolves or grizzlies there...

Selfishness aside, nice informative article. I hunt some very similar looking country.

Everytime you say steep you should have to say it twice. Steep steep. But I luh dat stuff.

Nice job Ron.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Part two has some excellent info in there for sealing the deal. Great article well done

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Great article. Lots of help as i am planning my first trip elk hunting to idaho this year.

Last edited:
This is one of the better article(s) I've read concerning out of state hunting, and species information. After reading the first part, I was very much looking forward to part ll.

If you get some down time, a DIY Idaho mule deer article would be fun to read... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk