BEST Bull Elk Photo Contest 2016- Sponsored by Kifaru

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, love all these photos, thanks for all the entries. I'm locking the thread. Realunlucky, Ryan, and me will will start judging this week.

We have three contests to run, so be patient.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
12-17-16 UPDATE. After much tiresome effort by Realunlucky, Ryan Avery, and myself, we've arrived at the three winners! I'm not an elk hunter personally but was way impressed with the hog bulls and good photos on this thread. Thanks everyone. So here we go..

#1 for the Kifaru Pack:
attachment.php

Casned's fabulous photo.

#2 for the Rokslide Kill Kit:

Humphr47's little sis' big Nevada bull packout!

#3 for the Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life: or Rokslide shirt:
attachment.php

Riplips big archery bull

You all need to email me within 10 days to claim your prizes (so December 27th), or I'll move the next person into your slot and/or draw from the Honorable Mention's list. [email protected]

Here are three more that kept us going back and forth, so we gave them honorable mention:
attachment.php

Bob b's trad bull!

attachment.php

Schiller Time's big Utah bull

attachment.php

griffinit's giant bull. He had two bulls in this contest AND he made the honorable mention list in our mule deer contest. Take us hunting griffinit!

05b814ca3c7bcdd68f24aebda1f1c317.jpg
I wish the contest had a couple more days. I just harvested my late season archery bull here in NM on Dec. 17th. Congrats to the winners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yep, some great bulls taken this year. Congratulations to all who got to enjoy the great elk outdoors this year, regardless of whether you brought anything home with you. Every year that goes by just makes me appreciate another year that much more. I hope to still have my fondest seasons ahead of me, but still not sure why they always say once you hit 50 it's all downhill from there. At that point, I'm pretty sure it's uphill going both ways.;)

elkyinzer

WKR
Nice job and congrats to everyone involved! I looked through every photo and I definitely agree with #1...it's a magazine cover quality shot. It's amazing how much work goes into quality trophy photos, and especially with elk, some pure luck in having them fall in a photogenic location. In my experience the best photos emphasize the experience and the animal and deemphasize or completely exclude the hunter, but that's just me!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Humph, I was getting a little worried! I see your email in my inbox and will get with you shortly. Thanks