BEST Bull Elk Photo Contest 2016- Sponsored by Kifaru

Remi1

Lil-Rokslider
Oops forgot to add he was shot Oct 12 2016. Amazing feeling an accomplishment from the kill to getting him back to the truck!

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
HardWay, Yes that is the idea behind putting the log across the antlers. With how steep the terrain is around here the antlers tend to continually hit the back of your legs or swing up in front of you as you walk. As for the extra weight, I always make sure to find a piece of wood that is dead and dry so there is no real big weight penalty. Yes it is still extra weight but what it saves me in frustration is worth the extra pound or two.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oops forgot to add he was shot Oct 12 2016. Amazing feeling an accomplishment from the kill to getting him back to the truck!
802da1e38d0a67a8bb718fbee70f6e63.jpg

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
HardWay, Yes that is the idea behind putting the log across the antlers. With how steep the terrain is around here the antlers tend to continually hit the back of your legs or swing up in front of you as you walk.

I intentionally swing them up front and use them as handles to hang onto to help stabilize the load as well.

I was fortunate enough to get this bull with my best friend along on the trip (my Dad). It is difficult for him to travel and hunt because he has Parkinson's but his "can do" spirit keeps him going. Even though it was tough for him we were able to get him up the mountain to the spot where we found the elk for some great pics.

avi8tormd

FNG
I got lucky the on the first day, within 2 hours I shot this bull. Solo hunt, 75 yard shot. I am glad I practiced shooting out to 80yds. I packed him out with my new Kifaru Nomad pack. Money well spent. I took the pic with my iphone propped up on a stump.

IMG_2626.jpgIMG_2631.jpg

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was fortunate enough to get this bull with my best friend along on the trip (my Dad). It is difficult for him to travel and hunt because he has Parkinson's but his "can do" spirit keeps him going. Even though it was tough for him we were able to get him up the mountain to the spot where we found the elk for some great pics.
WOW! Justin just Wow! Glad your dad could experience it with you.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got lucky the on the first day, within 2 hours I shot this bull. Solo hunt, 75 yard shot. I am glad I practiced shooting out to 80yds. I packed him out with my new Kifaru Nomad pack. Money well spent. I took the pic with my iphone propped up on a stump.

View attachment 41868
View attachment 41869
Avi8 I'm not seeing your pictures for some reason

ssliger

WKR

Not the best pic, but finally connected. This was my guide service also. My uncle who's blind in one eye, and my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humphr47

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing better than introducing a new hunter to the sport! This was my buddies first big game animal and a ton of work and preparation went into this hunt to make it successful.

Made a cool video recap below on YouTube as well:

Nevada Elk Hunt 6x6 bull! - YouTube