BEST Bull Elk Photo Contest 2016- Sponsored by Kifaru

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders, it's that time again. In just a few weeks, some bulls will be hitting the ground and we want to see your best photos!

Ryan and I worked with Frank and Aron at Kifaru to arrange for a sweet giveway- a Kifaru 14'R Backpack. This little powerhouse comes in at 2400 CI and "was designed with fast access and comfort while moving in mind. With a full length zipper down the front panel, there’s nothing you can’t get to within seconds. The suspension allows for much more freedom of movement when climbing, drawing a bow or sliding a rifle. "

You can read more here: 14'r (2,400 ci/39.3 liter) – Kifaru Intl. Online Store

attachment.php

We'll also be offering for second place, the ever popular Rokslide Kill Kit!

12-15-17 update, third place will receive a copy of my book, Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life. If you don't hunt deer, you can choose a shirt from the Rokslide store (current stock only)

So between archery season and December 10th, please post up your best harvest photos on this thread to enter for the Kifaru 14'R and the Rokslide Kill Kit

Myself, Ryan Avery, and Rokslide member Realunlucky will be judging the photos based on the following:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Is the bull's nose cut off the frame? Or is it a good balance between the bull, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

I recommend using a photobucket account or the like to post photos as they'll appear full size on the thread. We won't be offering personal consultations on uploading photos, as you can do a search on Rokslide and find out how to upload.

Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Kifaru use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation.

12-17-16 UPDATE. After much tiresome effort by Realunlucky, Ryan Avery, and myself, we've arrived at the three winners! I'm not an elk hunter personally but was way impressed with the hog bulls and good photos on this thread. Thanks everyone. So here we go..

#1 for the Kifaru Pack:
attachment.php

Casned's fabulous photo.

#2 for the Rokslide Kill Kit:

Humphr47's little sis' big Nevada bull packout!

#3 for the Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life or Rokslide shirt:
attachment.php

Riplips big archery bull

You all need to email me within 10 days to claim your prizes (so December 27th), or I'll move the next person into your slot and/or draw from the Honorable Mention's list. [email protected]

Here are three more that kept us going back and forth, so we gave them honorable mention:
attachment.php

Bob b's trad bull!

attachment.php

Schiller Time's big Utah bull

attachment.php

griffinit's giant bull. He had two bulls in this contest AND he made the honorable mention list in our mule deer contest. Take us hunting griffinit!

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Do they have to be dead photo's or will photo's of live bulls be accepted as well? Probably doesn't matter as I'm back to OTC this year so probably won't get any pics of any live giants.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, sorry that wasn't clear. Kill photos. Hunter doesn't have to be in them if you want it that way.

huntaz31

Lil-Rokslider
I need to put an elk down on my first elk hunt and possibly win a pack could be a great year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddling up in 7 days!!! Really stoked for this one. Either sex muzzle tag, muley buck and bear. Having child #2 in jan so might not be able to sneak off so easy in the future. So i just bought them all this year...

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
and bowtech3dhunter breaks the ice with our first qualified entry, yee haw! Good bull, too.

TheHardWay, no limit, just has to be your 2016 bull or bulls and one photo per animal, We'll consider the best one.

Riplip

WKR
First archery elk, public land. Such an incredible and rewarding experience.
d0f19af62652b44dad6f3b074133e8cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk