Curious what elk reeds people are using ?

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I know this this an older thread but I have been playing around with a new Rockstar Elk Diaphragm from Rocky Mountain calls. I've been impressed with the sounds I've gotten from it. The biggest downside I see in it is the cut in plastic. It's scraping the roof of my mouth pretty bad. I'm gonna give it some more time before I decided to toss it or run with it. I have been using a Raging Bull and really like the feeling and sounds and might just stay with that or try some more calls out this off season.

*Take all this with a grain of salt as I've only called in a few bulls and would consider myself a mediocre caller at best. Just my 2cents on the plastic cut on the TST calls.

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
For me, I prefer the none domed calls for the most part. My favorite reed to date is the Glen Barry Rosie Reed. I will carry at least 2-3 of these with me at all times. I will be trying some of Phelps reed's this year too.

Have used Glacier Country almost exclusively for the past 5 years....no complaints. Will be trying a couple other brands this fall to see how they compare.

warrior80

WKR

Boreal

WKR
What diaphragms would y'all recommend for a complete noob to start with? Any tutorials worth watching?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk