Curious what elk reeds people are using ?

lucascole76

Lil-Rokslider
With so many options on the market what are people's favorites ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year I'm using wapiti river reeds and the trusty Carlton 2.5. I have used phelps and gooserbat in the past and like those too.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The Carlton's 2.5 and brown triple are the easiest to use for me, and so hence they make the best sound as well. I can throw in any other call and I might not even be able to get a sound out of them (unless I force it), even the exact same size. But the Carlton's just fall right into place and flow without even trying.

elkyinzer

WKR
Bugling Bull mistress is my go to, has a smaller tape that fits in my mouth better. I have experimented with many and really like the design of that series with the blue dome over the latex. I even use them as my turkey calls now.

Pow

FNG
I always get a fresh set of Carlton calls at the start of season. They don't age well and get messed up over the season.

Phelps. Camofire had the Rocky Mountain elk101 on sale. Shot a yote with that on Monday! Seems they love the Ki-yi after a few howls!

Larry D Jones ...Blue Reed ...Sm. Bull ...High pitch reaches them all... Good for cow/calf also

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
I've switched to almost exclusively glacier country hunting calls. Troy's secret weapon has to be one of the best reeds ever made. Takes some adjustment going from narrow to wide frame but worth it