PA Monster Bull

elkyinzer

WKR
Recorded the show and finally got around to watching it last night, congrats Josh, really well done! Absolutely beautiful bull....I had seen him a couple times and to see him in person he was a true monarch.

That was some true emotion when you walked up on him. To be honest, having a tv crew along, I feared the worst, had some preconceived notions. I've just become so jaded by the whole narcissistic tv hunting deal. I was so glad that you and your wife weren't what I had feared, awesome to see some good people hunting on tv. Your episode was "real" right down to the shot. That's what it looks like when you shoot animals for real, they usually don't pose in front of the camera for 10 seconds.

It was funny watching on tv and knowing exactly where you were a couple times. I liked those shots of you "glassing" the canyon...was there a group of kayakers in bikinis down there or something?

OP
jdmaxwell

jdmaxwell

WKR
Recorded the show and finally got around to watching it last night, congrats Josh, really well done! Absolutely beautiful bull....I had seen him a couple times and to see him in person he was a true monarch.

That was some true emotion when you walked up on him. To be honest, having a tv crew along, I feared the worst, had some preconceived notions. I've just become so jaded by the whole narcissistic tv hunting deal. I was so glad that you and your wife weren't what I had feared, awesome to see some good people hunting on tv. Your episode was "real" right down to the shot. That's what it looks like when you shoot animals for real, they usually don't pose in front of the camera for 10 seconds.

It was funny watching on tv and knowing exactly where you were a couple times. I liked those shots of you "glassing" the canyon...was there a group of kayakers in bikinis down there or something?

Lol.. yeah. Something like that, nice lookout point.

It was an experience being filmed.
I thought it turned out pretty good--minus me screaming like a girl when I shot him!

No rehearsal there. Haha

It definitely has not easy as some think the elk in other areas in PA are. Alot of time, and miles hiking.

Thanks

dacd4134

Lil-Rokslider
I missed this the first time around (before photobucket went to crap). Can you rehost the images to Imgur or some other site and repost them? I'd really like to check out this bull...

buttekid

Lil-Rokslider
I also missed it and don't understand the photobucket message to change my settings to allow 3rd party hosting. Please let us know if this is going to air on the Outdoor channel again since I also missed that opportunity and don't have any luck searching for it. Thanks for helping those of us who are technically challenged:eek:

OP
jdmaxwell

jdmaxwell

WKR
I also missed it and don't understand the photobucket message to change my settings to allow 3rd party hosting. Please let us know if this is going to air on the Outdoor channel again since I also missed that opportunity and don't have any luck searching for it. Thanks for helping those of us who are technically challenged:eek:

It already aired for a week on Outdoor Channel week of July 10th..

OP
jdmaxwell

jdmaxwell

WKR
My taxidermist will have my bull mounted on form next week.
Then following week my pedestal base should be done.
I went to old closed saw mill and bought bunch rough cut lumber that day out weathered.
Really like it.
I will try to post some pics.

AdamW

WKR
That is an incredible bull, still blows my mind. You get that dude back from the taxidermist yet?!