First elk - still giddy as a schoolgirl....

Foldem

WKR
Excellent! Way to take a leap and make it happen. I was going to say it but Rob beat me to it but that sounds like an EPIC trip.

Kevin

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
question...if the first 2 shots hit in the boiler room, how did the elk not die from that?

Not uncommon for elk to keep going on kill shots. They "will" die either way......just sometimes you have to help expedite that for ease of finding them. I shot a bull four times once before he finally dropped, and all four were kill shots through the vitals.

c.brown

FNG
Awesome story Tod. This has inspired me for future family trips. I have a newborn girl at home who will hopefully enjoy this as much some day. Easily one of the best trip reports I've read. What a great way to spend time with the family. Thanks for sharing.

bz_711

WKR
Man - I love everything about this...including the dog:)

Thanks for sharing...and please keep doing so.
Elk are tops on my list...really enjoyed your recap and pics.

I've been spending some time arranging for my families first overnight backpack trip this summer...and you just confirmed for me that I need to make it happen at all costs (my 4 kids are aged 5-12)...so thanks for that!

Good on you...just awesome!

Stwrt9

WKR
what an epic trip!!! so jealous! your son is sure going to remember this trip of a lifetime.

Embarger

FNG
Wow what a great hunt and to have your family with you, Hats off to you sir. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Keneboy

FNG
Congrats on a great hunt and an even better trip with the family. Thanks for sharing...

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know how I missed this.
Congrats Tod.
Good thing you didn't go into Chamberlain, eh?

todde1792

FNG
I'm with Joe Schmo! I don't know how I missed this! What a great story, glad your first hunt was a success! And your son's first also!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Shrek

WKR
Congratulations ! I missed your story when you first posted but I'm sure glad it popped back to the top. Sharing the hunt with your family had to be fantastic !

Amazing. I was captivated by the entire trip and you did it with your wife and family. How cool! Memories that will last a life time. I can see why you are still giddy :)

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for taking us along, that was a adventure, and making memories to last a life time, congrats on your first bull as well.
Mike

ElkNut1

WKR
Ha Ha, good stuff & well earned bud! I enjoyed this! Can't beat good glass! (grin)

ElkNut1