New Year "New Season"

ElkNut1

WKR
Les thanks, yes the link works for me too! Looks like I need to up my water intake a bit!

I see the old Chuckler bugle there in your photo, we called in 100's of bulls with that ole boy over the years! Great photo!

ElkNut1

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I see the old Chuckler bugle there in your photo, we called in 100's of bulls with that ole boy over the years! Great photo!

That's the same one I'm still using. The elk seem to prefer it to everything else I've tried. Of course mine is slightly modified. Les, do you still have that bugle? If so, do you want to get rid of it? I need a backup. I also somehow got a small hole in mine while carrying out my bull this year. Somehow the head was pushing the wrong spot on the bugle that was on my pack.

Hey Les, how much has your pack and carry list changed since that photo in 2009. Would be interested to see an updated photo of what you're taking in these days. I certainly don't look like a Nepalese Sherpa going in.

Last edited:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Les thanks, yes the link works for me too! Looks like I need to up my water intake a bit!

ElkNut1

Thanks Paul.

Yep it's called in a few for us as well :)

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the same one I'm still using. The elk seem to prefer it to everything else I've tried. Of course mine is slightly modified. Les, do you still have that bugle? If so, do you want to get rid of it? I need a backup. I also somehow got a small hole in mine while carrying out my bull this year. Somehow the head was pushing the wrong spot on the bugle that was on my pack.

Hey Les, how much has your pack and carry list changed since that photo in 2009. Would be interested to see an updated photo of what you're taking in these days. I certainly don't look like a Nepalese Sherpa going in.

Well believe it or not that pack, weighed on a digial scale, was 108# going in. Not including my bow which was slung and my Swarovski's on my bino harness. I was set for 16 days of food and gear though.

Now that said, I never pack in more than enough stuff for 7 days. I can however stretch my food out for an extra couple days if I needed to. My gear list has changed a lot. I'm in the mid 60's for 7 comfortable days. It can be more or less depending how comforable I want to be :)

I've got about 8-9 tubes now, and I do have a spare Chuckler if you are interested in it.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
New Year "New Season"

Crappy video. I was out of breath and hard to hold camera steady. 211 flights of stairs, no breaks. Boots are a little stiffer than I expected, but no rubbing or hotspots anywhere and I did it in cotton socks. 35# Dumbbell in Kifaru T3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Which Crispi's are those, it was too blurry in the video for me to see. That's the kind of boots I prefer for archery season, little lower 7"ish height, leather cordura uppers, light weight.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which Crispi's are those, it was too blurry in the video for me to see. That's the kind of boots I prefer for archery season, little lower 7"ish height, leather cordura uppers, light weight.

Crispi Wyomings. Fresh out of the box. I'll do a little comparison on them, Lowa's, and Hanwag's tonight.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Crispi Wyomings. Fresh out of the box. I'll do a little comparison on them, Lowa's, and Hanwag's tonight.

I've liked the looks of the WY's, Idaho's, and Nevada's, but haven't tried them. My Crispis I use for later season stuff as they are full leather and insulated. Can't even remember which ones they are. But my discontinued Zamberlan Dakota 7" boots are still holding up pretty well after four years.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
0241c169fc200394986d7373a3d82667.jpg

Checked trailcams today.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
94e7f5330e90dea4a7690e12d10cd326.jpg

Also did some scouting and shed hunting.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
2bde722e94e70e6ff3f36820267a4438.jpg

Did our part to keep the ammunition companies working.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
dda724d0982f5740515f525764641988.jpg

Wyoming NR apps due tomorrow. Lots of opportunity even if you don't have points. Somebody had to draw those random tags!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
8f370dd9024e91e79980d15df48eb0a6.jpg

20+ miles XC ski on Saturday. I had a 2.53 mile round trip ski to get to my main ski area. Birkie in just over 3 weeks!!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
So S&S archery stepped up to help us sponsor this thread and they got Spot Hogg to help out. In the next couple of weeks I'll be comparing and reviewing some bow sights. Montana Black Gold Ascent Verdict, Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg and Fast Eddie. I'll be doing some short video clips and then I'll post them to this thread when they are short enough. When they are to long they will go to the Rokslide Youtube page. I'll also post them to my Instagrm when I can, along with a lot of other content. I'll add those links to the first post on this thread when I can. Instagram is already up there.

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking forward to following another year, Les!