New Year "New Season"

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Short video on the Halon 32, 6" brace height. Shot a 3D with it this morning. Really shooting nice! Excited to put some more arrows through this rig.

Mathews Halon 32 - YouTube
[video=youtube_share;sPSSvyFPipU]http://youtu.be/sPSSvyFPipU[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Out of high school and through my 20s I used to shoot competitively. Thousands of spots literally took over and my mind became a huge block. I've struggled with target panic for 15 years on and off. Over the course of that time I have been able to get the job done on animals all of the time. Spots, practice, and 3-D's have been anything but fun though. I took the plunge yesterday and got Joel Turner's iron mind shooting course. In the coming days I will post video and pictures of my shooting now, and the progression of how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I took the plunge yesterday and got Joel Turner's iron mind shooting course. In the coming days I will post video and pictures of my shooting now, and the progression of how it goes.

Be good to hear about this

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Thousands of spots literally took over and my mind became a huge block.

I've always said that if anything will give me target panic, it would be constantly trying to shoot dime size groups at 20 yards. Long range shooting is much more relaxing even when you're trying for 3" groups. Good luck.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
29ae5ca565b83cb6c454a56c972b5c15.jpg

Getting ready to start testing some broadheads. Decided to make some ballistic gel to test penetration. So I started with 32 ounces of gelatin mixed into 2 gallons of water.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
6f843a8c4705c56915f775bab929e2e1.jpg

After mixing good, I had to heat it to 150°. Then I let it cool overnight.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
3eebcfbe77f9b1f5b467887236443c5f.jpg

This morning I had to reheat it, then I poured it into my mold.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty neat stuff. I got it out of the mold and set-up yesterday. It worked amazingly well. I was very impressed with the ability of this stuff. I shot Ironwill 100, Solid 100, Slick Trick Magnum 100, and Rage 1.5 3 blade 100. I don't have exact numbers yet as I wrote all of the measurements down and need to subtract the distance sticking out from the total arrow and head lengths. No huge differences, but a couple of surprises. Details to come in the next few days.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a thread titled new year new season giveaway in the Elk forum . Check it out for details on the newest giveaway.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hunter ordered the new Mathews Stoke this week and I got notification that my first round of Sitka Subalpine will be shipping tomorrow. We'll start getting pictures/thoughts/reviews on those coming. Here and Instagram. Don't forget about the Elk Hunting University giveaway.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
38b010614d4e03e978ac844b8f53447c.jpg

If you followed The Season last year, this was the bull Hunter shot.

Hunting is conservation. Did you hear about the 13 old who shouldered up his 42# @kifaru_intl pack and hiked 5 miles into a CO wilderness to shoot his first bull elk? He didn't know it but I got it mounted and on display at our @rmef_official banquet last night. A little surprised he was.

That's awesome and pretty special. Conservation is more than just preserving the habitat- it's also rebirthing the next generations understanding and love for hunting, conservation and respect for our Nation's special and unique adventures in the out doors.
I have brought 4 young men into bow hunting in the last year. Not because I am anything special, but simply have a passion for what I do, and that passion is contagious. I love what you did for this young man. That Kifaru looks awesome sitting on his back/shoulders. Kind of like he is carrying the weight of this conservation burden for his peers to keep it alive.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's awesome and pretty special. Conservation is more than just preserving the habitat- it's also rebirthing the next generations understanding and love for hunting, conservation and respect for our Nation's special and unique adventures in the out doors.
I have brought 4 young men into bow hunting in the last year. Not because I am anything special, but simply have a passion for what I do, and that passion is contagious. I love what you did for this young man. That Kifaru looks awesome sitting on his back/shoulders. Kind of like he is carrying the weight of this conservation burden for his peers to keep it alive.

Thanks.

Very will written post, and hits the nail on the head.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Friday is the last day to get in on the Elk Hunting University giveaway, get your name in.