New Year "New Season"

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
cda80ceb2cf9cd93c18f30bab2047230.jpg

Update on the Ironmind online course. I got the course roughly two weeks ago. I'm only about half way through it, but I'm making huge strides. It's crazy how much different my shooting is now. I am using a hinge as well, which helps. Now I have zero problem getting the pin to target, floating it there, and executing the shot. I let down about 1 in 10 arrows, when it's not "there". I'm pulling about 1 in 20 arrows. The strides are amazing, I'm very happy with the progress. Once I get through it, I'll go through it again. Like Joel says, when I work for it, it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
cda80ceb2cf9cd93c18f30bab2047230.jpg

Update on the Ironmind online course. I got the course roughly two weeks ago. I'm only about half way through it, but I'm making huge strides. It's crazy how much different my shooting is now. I am using a hinge as well, which helps. Now I have zero problem getting the pin to target, floating it there, and executing the shot. I let down about 1 in 10 arrows, when it's not "there". I'm pulling about 1 in 20 arrows. The strides are amazing, I'm very happy with the progress. Once I get through it, I'll go through it again. Like Joel says, when I work for it, it works for me.

I've been wanting to try that course.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been wanting to try that course.

As of right now I can't say enough about the course or Joel himself. He is so open to help it's unbelievable. I'll give much more detail in the final review, when I get through it a couple of times.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
As of right now I can't say enough about the course or Joel himself. He is so open to help it's unbelievable. I'll give much more detail in the final review, when I get through it a couple of times.
Do you think everyone can benefit or just those with shooting issues like target pan?

Also what happened with the gell test?

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
To this point, yes I think everyone can benefit some. I'm still only about half way through so that opinion could go way up as I get through the content. I'm having Hunter go through it as well and he has no problems yet. There's just really great info in it.

The gel testing was awesome. I've got 3 video angles, I just need to compile it all and edit. I'm really amazed how well the gel worked. I was also surprised at the penetration results. I'll try and get at least numbers up in the next week. I'm currently tweaking broadheads and field tips for flight. I knew my slick tricks would be good, but I'm really happy with the Ironwill as well. I'll have some comparison's on that as well.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
a57694ec9781ab43b3ec236f669ba2ad.jpg

548c31a44c28e38caa958985e7398292.jpg

A little update from a cpl weeks back. Down in body fat percentage while holding muscle. Slow process doing it that way. Going in the right direction though. I'm happy with the MTN OPS. The AMMO is the one that surprised me so far. Great flavor and effective.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
aclawrence is our EHU university winner. Thanks for donating this Corey!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
a57694ec9781ab43b3ec236f669ba2ad.jpg

548c31a44c28e38caa958985e7398292.jpg

A little update from a cpl weeks back. Down in body fat percentage while holding muscle. Slow process doing it that way. Going in the right direction though. I'm happy with the MTN OPS. The AMMO is the one that surprised me so far. Great flavor and effective.

Turtle wins the race in my mind. Slow and steady seems to stick compared to big swings in weight. Looks like you're doing well.

DIY HNTR

FNG
Yeah I've got about $5,000 tied up in bonus points in Colorado this year. Hopefully they refund my money soon. I don't know why they need $2,149 up front for a bonus point for moose or bighorn sheep LOL

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I've got about $5,000 tied up in bonus points in Colorado this year. Hopefully they refund my money soon. I don't know why they need $2,149 up front for a bonus point for moose or bighorn sheep LOL

I know, crazy isn't it!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Decided to sell my Gen 1 Kifaru T1 and T3 so I just got done ordering a new frame and the Woodsman and Native bags. You'll start seeing some info on them once I have them in hand.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cold hit me a couple days ago. Been wiped out. Still managed 200 flights of stairs with 40# in 46 minutes tonight, then a mile swim. I'm shot though.

Didn't draw WY, which I thought was a lock. So then had to start plan B. NM application in. Colorado application for Hunter and I in. MT is in the works as well. Elk season will be here ASAP. Hope you all are doing something to get ready.

bz_711

WKR
Good stuff...fun to follow along!

I just put in for my first LE tag in CO...has just been OTC the last 7 seasons...previous results say we should draw but the point creep could get into our point level this year.
Also sent in the big check for my 8th Bighorn point in CO.

Bow has been put away since Jan...workouts have been strong...but looking forward to ramping them up even more and getting the bow back out...Roll on Sept (and draw results :) )

DIY HNTR

FNG
I just bought my Kifaru hunting frame and Reckoning bag with some pouches. It's sweet! Can't wait to use it in the field. I've never used a pack but I figure I might as well just get the best right away and save my back. My first elk hunt will be in 2019 due to other trips planned and still have some gear to acquire. I bought the new Vortex Razer 65mm spotter, Leupold Pro Guide HD 10x42's and a whole set of First Lite. Spent the extra money on those important items and went a little cheaper and saved money on the rest. But I can say I got everything except the pack for almost half price , or even less by buying at the right time and making deals. I'm on a tight budget and wait for good deals.