New Year "New Season"

Just came across this thread and I have gotta say, it is pretty awesome. Subscribed to it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How are the Danner pronghorns holding up and how are they for hunting in the mountains? I got the insulated ones and might get non insulated ones for my Colorado hunt next year

colersu22

WKR
fc9c558986fb21b24cac1314c0654449.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More money in glass on that bed than my truck is worth. Where you just demoing a bunch of different options?

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
How are the Danner pronghorns holding up and how are they for hunting in the mountains? I got the insulated ones and might get non insulated ones for my Colorado hunt next year

Tony, I'm glad you found the thread and enjoy it. Thank you for the kind words. It should start rocking once we hit the hunts.

Hunter is wearing the Danner Pronghorns because he is just growing so fast. Last August Aron over at Kifaru fit him for a 22" Tahr. We were out a couple of weeks ago and did some scouting and then some backpack cardio. He already needs a 26" frame.

The pronghorns work ok, especially if you're not working under a heavily loaded pack and backpacking in. They won't hold up like a typical mountain boot though. I've been testing the Crispi line all year, and have been really happy with them. I'll be running the Wyoming's as my main boot this fall.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
More money in glass on that bed than my truck is worth. Where you just demoing a bunch of different options?

Yeah it was pretty fun being able to check it out.

I was looking through the whole line and checking out all the differences. It's pretty amazing from low to high.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a 3.5 mile 40# pack hike in on Sunday night. Included a bunch of stairs, step up and overs, and 100 pushups with pack on.

40 mile bike ride in last night at 19mph average.

Access Denied

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
16beb5c1e05fd43af60e340406840f54.jpg

Crispi Lapponia. They're a cross between trail runners and hikers. I'll test them out tomorrow morning with a pack hike, straight out of the box.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
16beb5c1e05fd43af60e340406840f54.jpg

Crispi Lapponia. They're a cross between trail runners and hikers. I'll test them out tomorrow morning with a pack hike, straight out of the box.

Lester the gear tester! Interesting Crispi boot. I'm watching

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like the Crispi waterproofing cleaning cream? I need to upgrade my leather waterproofer this year. Seems like after 3 days, the morning dew starts soaking through...

Just a great thread to follow. I have really enjoyed following you and Hunter. I hunt mainly mule deer and I am looking forward to taking my son on his first Colorado muzzy hunt. I am also planning on an OTC Idaho elk bow hunt on my way home from Colorado if I can pull off a tag. This will be my first elk hunt and I am excited to learn as much as possible in the short period of time I have left. Keep up the great information as I find it very inspirational.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you like the Crispi waterproofing cleaning cream? I need to upgrade my leather waterproofer this year. Seems like after 3 days, the morning dew starts soaking through...

Eric, I haven't tried it yet. Applying this weekend. I hate that 3 day leak though. I know it well.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just a great thread to follow. I have really enjoyed following you and Hunter. I hunt mainly mule deer and I am looking forward to taking my son on his first Colorado muzzy hunt. I am also planning on an OTC Idaho elk bow hunt on my way home from Colorado if I can pull off a tag. This will be my first elk hunt and I am excited to learn as much as possible in the short period of time I have left. Keep up the great information as I find it very inspirational.

Thank you for the kind words. They are much appreciated. Good luck to you and your son!! If you have any specific questions ask away. We will do our best to help out.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Website lists them at 1# and 1.2#. They actually come in at 1.342# each. Initially they feel very light and flexible.

72d7a2d29f5bd52fc2ad642c7ede51d8.jpg

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's been pretty solid for me training. Getting in a minimum of 2-3 pack hikes per week. Finally getting on the bike lately. Starting average about 175 miles per week. That will ramp up to 250-300. Still in the weight room four times per week and swimming 2-3 miles per week. Getting my meals prepped and sealed. I'll be fletching some new arrows up this week and getting my Iron Will's screwed on.

Hard to believe we're only a couple weeks from openers!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 1:

Right out of the box I strapped them on with 52# in the Kifaru. Very supple and comfortable. 3.5 mile hike with hills and stairs. I did get a hot spot and then blister on the heel of my left foot.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Starting my initial gear prep. Starting to lay out and organize the "backup" stuff and set those totes aside. I'll get clothes washed starting early next week. I got another half dozen arrows cut , fletched, inserted, and Iron Will broadheads installed. Things are starting to come together and it will go FAST from here. Tenative date is September 7th....but that might turn into the 6th :)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Starting my initial gear prep. Starting to lay out and organize the "backup" stuff and set those totes aside. I'll get clothes washed starting early next week. I got another half dozen arrows cut , fletched, inserted, and Iron Will broadheads installed. Things are starting to come together and it will go FAST from here. Tenative date is September 7th....but that might turn into the 6th :)

All this prep is going to pay off.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
c02628707ae1f2291fdbf63ca3943e2e.jpg

I buy the MH meals in #10 cans. Then I repackage and vacuum seal in the portions I want. Here I have 10 Chicken Ala King suppers packaged.