New Year "New Season"

MIKEYB

WKR
Take some pics on whatever you do on the belt mounting.

In theory if you did mount on the shoulder the camera should be off and on the tripod. but. . . .

I thought the PD would be made out of heavy duty plastic, was surprised when I picked that thing up and it was heavy metal.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
61c55d9317702bed21379e6f1f6765a1.jpg

Now I can finish my food bags!!!

InReach is setup. Now for some testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
b180f2008683470132eca06a9d77245a.jpg

House is a disaster as I try to get everything ready. New Iron Wills on newly fletched FMJ 400's. Fletched with Bohning Heat Sitka vanes.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I noticed your On X Hunt Map sticker in the photo above. Bill was trying that out for the first time last weekend. Worked pretty slick, especially for the price! He marked wallow locations, travel routes, etc. with it.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I noticed your On X Hunt Map sticker in the photo above. Bill was trying that out for the first time last weekend. Worked pretty slick, especially for the price! He marked wallow locations, travel routes, etc. with it.

I've been using the OnX chips since the beginning. I'd be lost without them (pun intended). I just started using the phone app so we'll see how that goes, so far it's been great.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok. Food is officially done. Here is a list starting from the left top, working down, then right top working down.

MH Chicken Terryiaki single serving. (Hope this is good, I haven't tried it, but have 7 meals of it.)
1.5 cups of Honey Nut Cheerios, 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips.
1/4 cup of whole salted cashews
5 servings of MTN OPS AMMO vac sealed (only 1 serving per day)
20 Chicken in a Biscuit crackers
2 bars
2 sevings of Idahoans (only 1 serving per day)
1 Packet of MTN OPS Ignite
1 bottle of MIO drink mix. This will last 6-7 days. I mix it very lightly.
5 days of beef jerky
4 doves
3 Butterscotch
1 mini dark chocolate bar

Some of the things I vac seal in 5 day bundles as it's easier, less expensive, or faster. In the past I have always generally packed enough food for 7 day blocks. I can pretty easily stretch that to 9-10 if needed. This year for the Gila I will pack in 5 days worth and then just a couple of extra items. I should be able to get through 7 if things are really cranking and I don't want to head back out and readjust.

Ghillie_55

Lil-Rokslider
Ok. Food is officially done. Here is a list starting from the left top, working down, then right top working down.

MH Chicken Terryiaki single serving. (Hope this is good, I haven't tried it, but have 7 meals of it.)
1.5 cups of Honey Nut Cheerios, 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips.
1/4 cup of whole salted cashews
5 servings of MTN OPS AMMO vac sealed (only 1 serving per day)
20 Chicken in a Biscuit crackers
2 bars
2 sevings of Idahoans (only 1 serving per day)
1 Packet of MTN OPS Ignite
1 bottle of MIO drink mix. This will last 6-7 days. I mix it very lightly.
5 days of beef jerky
4 doves
3 Butterscotch
1 mini dark chocolate bar

Some of the things I vac seal in 5 day bundles as it's easier, less expensive, or faster. In the past I have always generally packed enough food for 7 day blocks. I can pretty easily stretch that to 9-10 if needed. This year for the Gila I will pack in 5 days worth and then just a couple of extra items. I should be able to get through 7 if things are really cranking and I don't want to head back out and readjust.

How is the mnt ops ammo vacuum sealed? It says refrigerate after opening and curious how vacuum sealing would help keep it fresh for taking into field for the hunt.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is the mnt ops ammo vacuum sealed? It says refrigerate after opening and curious how vacuum sealing would help keep it fresh for taking into field for the hunt.

I put each scoop in a baggie. I roll it up squeezing the air out. From there I put them in a vac lock bag and seal them tight. Per them this should be fine.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
QAD ultra rest failure 3 days before leaving for hunt. Not cool.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Replaced the rest. Now to retune it.

Checked Hunter's ML this morning. He's good to go.

45f39249ad3a38bfa4569bc9856ccc34.jpg

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting it retuned. Shooting well this morning.
f8f7006ee908d8ef8d5ebfb294e23cfd.jpg

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
5230a2a743726d922cdb69ff37c9cf7b.jpg

Reflecting on a year gone by since an amazing 2016 in the September high country. Age is just a number, the mountains have become a way of life, an event. Change is inevitable, how you roll with it is what will define you. Set those goals and keep hammering.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
8a7788ec6f1070b7e736c02468236e59.jpg

When you see a dash pic like this you know shits about to happen. Truck is in gear.