2017 Wyoming Elk Draw Results

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
So much for the theory you could draw a GEN tag as a second choice in the special draw. The internet ruins everything.

wapitibob

WKR
So much for the theory you could draw a GEN tag as a second choice in the special draw. The internet ruins everything.

All the internet chatter was for 2nd choice. Look at the demand reports for the last two years and you'll see 1st choice apps increased 300 last year and 500 this year. Those 1st choice apps took the tags that used to clean out all the Special gen 1st choice guys and leave some for 2nd choice, in the third phase of the draw.

have fun Paul, congrats to Jr.

204guy

WKR
Damn it! Unsuccessful in the general draw with 1.5 pts

Man the <2 regular draw had 637 tags with 100% draw and 100 carried to the 1 point pool last year. This year there were 27 tags with 4.36%. I had some family that was in that draw that I said they'd draw for sure, they didn't. Dang.

jrnorton4

FNG
We drew in the special draw, but the points creep was just terrible. By last year's results, we should have drawn our unit in the normal draw with 5; it took 7 this year in the normal, and 4 in the special draw. I don't think I will jump back into Wyoming's points game after this one.

blackdawg

WKR
Successful , looks like my group got lucky with 1 point,,my buddies say we are buying lotto tickets for the Powerball together now, time to get back in some of the old honey holes from when I was a Wyoming resident.

Last edited:

LostArra

WKR
We drew in the special draw, but the points creep was just terrible. By last year's results, we should have drawn our unit in the normal draw with 5; it took 7 this year in the normal, and 4 in the special draw. I don't think I will jump back into Wyoming's points game after this one.

I "should" get a bull tag in the next few years. After that, I'm done with the points race. I've hunted cows every year for the past six and enjoyed it. So I will just stick with the antlerless tags.

harge57

Lil-Rokslider
So did a lot of people with points decide to draw a general tag this year or is this just how fast the point creep will be for a general tag?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ChrisS

WKR
So did a lot of people with points decide to draw a general tag this year or is this just how fast the point creep will be for a general tag?
I think the latter.

Here's the last four years percentage for 1pp in regular draw for WY:
80.7% (2013 - 914 tags)
66.7% (2014 - 800 tags)
40.3% (2015 - 499 tags)
8% (2016 - 100 tags)
0% (2017 - 0 tags).

Last edited:

Bighorns247

Lil-Rokslider

The dreaded creep... my NR friend has been chasing points for several years now. Every January we think, "This should be the year." Nope.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Looks like 2 points is where you need to be for a regular draw general tag, and 1 at least for the special draw.

ChrisS

WKR
Looks like 2 points is where you need to be for a regular draw general tag, and 1 at least for the special draw.
Probably 3 points for regular general next season. 4,000 people with at least 1 point applied for regular general this season. If most will have 2 points next season, that will be a ~25% draw with 2 points for a general tag, I think.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Probably 3 points for regular general next season. 4,000 people with at least 1 point applied for regular general this season. If most will have 2 points next season, that will be a ~25% draw with 2 points for a general tag, I think.

Looks like it was 3478 with at or less than one point. That means some of those dragged down their buddies with more points by group app with zero points themselves. I don't think it will be a drastic shift next year, especially once winter kill numbers are released later this spring.