2017 Wyoming Elk Draw Results

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would think that there will be more applications next year with the "less than" 2 points designation. I would say that with 2 you will still have a pretty solid chance in the general draw. Looks like it was the random draw numbers you were looking at with the 4069 applicants. I was looking at the NR preference point numbers.

Carlin59

WKR
Really thought I would draw this year in a small unit (9 tags available for non-res, regular draw PP). Suprised to see the required points jump one full point. Oh well, the wife will be happy when the refund hits the CC.

ChrisS

WKR
I would think that there will be more applications next year with the "less than" 2 points designation. I would say that with 2 you will still have a pretty solid chance in the general draw. Looks like it was the random draw numbers you were looking at with the 4069 applicants. I was looking at the NR preference point numbers.
Yep, you're right, I got my less than's screwed up.

lintond

WKR
Drew my first out of state tag. :D Time to start finalizing my plans for chasing bugling bulls on a general tag solo.

I think the latter.

Here's the last four years percentage for 1pp in regular draw for WY:
80.7% (2013 - 914 tags)
66.7% (2014 - 800 tags)
40.3% (2015 - 499 tags)
8% (2016 - 100 tags)
0% (2017 - 0 tags).

Damn with one point its a 0% odds for a general tag? That is shit

Kustom

FNG
pulled a unit 28-4. will be my first elk hunt behind the gun. Just a pack mule in the past.

browngold

FNG
I finally drew my bull tag with max point horrible odds two can't wait I am so fricken excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEHusker

WKR
Wow, I beat the odds and drew a really nice limited tag in the random draw. 2.5% odds...I'm totally dumbfounded. I'm playing PowerBall this week!! Can't wait but I did blow 4 points and now I'm really hesitant to start up the points race in WY again. The creep is insane. Gonna be an awesome September!!

FlyGuy

WKR
I am so pumped! My group (4) drew a type 9 archery tag. I'm in Denver this week for work, so I ran straight to the Kifaru show room to pick out a pack and accessories! Frank (the tank) was very helpful and patient with all my questions, btw; and I actually had the chance to meet Aron and talk with him for a few minutes while there. All in all it was a pretty damn good day!