3of4 Bull Elk tags Punched NM DIY

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
That video had my pulse up......good stuff. I can't wait to see you next one! Did you jump on a landowner tag yet? I'll be hunting NM Elk for the first time this year (not 17) after waiting 3 years to get drawn. Even more excited after watching this video

OP
T

tgoody14

FNG
Thanks Guys! I appreciate the kind words!
It was 1st season (Sept 1-15), but as we got closer to the 15th the more vocal the Bulls were getting.

And yes we ended up getting hooked up with a 17 Landowner tag, but for Muzzleloader. We will still be treating it as a bow hunt tho! Love getting in there close with them, should be a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys! I appreciate the kind words!
It was 1st season (Sept 1-15), but as we got closer to the 15th the more vocal the Bulls were getting.

And yes we ended up getting hooked up with a 17 Landowner tag, but for Muzzleloader. We will still be treating it as a bow hunt tho! Love getting in there close with them, should be a good time

Glad to hear they were firing up around the 15th. Second season starts the 15th this year and I'll be in the Gila!!!! Yes I'm getting pumped

Wan2gobak

FNG
Great video! You had me on the edge of my seat waiting for you to get one. Great experience anyway. Last year was my first elk hunt and we didn't get that close to one unfortunately. Hoping for a different outcome this year :)

OP
T

tgoody14

FNG
Well we just got back from the Wife’s NM Muley Hunt in Unit 34 and she was able to put a nice 5x4 down on her first day (Lucky Lady) but she had to work for it! It was nice to return the favor and me Film and follower her around on a hunt! Enjoy

NM Muley Public Land Hunt - YouTube

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to your wife! I love that scrub desert country for mule deer. Those unit 34 hunts can be difficult with all the hunting pressure but get far enough away and you're all alone. Thanks for sharing.

OP
T

tgoody14

FNG
Congrats to your wife! I love that scrub desert country for mule deer. Those unit 34 hunts can be difficult with all the hunting pressure but get far enough away and you're all alone. Thanks for sharing.

Yea I liked being able to glass super long distances, it was great! Even I was ready to start our loop back toward the truck when we spotted her buck! Of course it was in the opposite direction but she was like “let’s go get him” lol it was a great experience