AZ Elk and Pronghorn Draw Credit Card Hit

All,

Arizona is hitting credit cards starting today for elk and pronghorn. MY CC shows a pending charge for the price of an elk tag! Hope everybody has the luck of the irish today.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
On the portal does it mean anything if it says pending? my CC has not been hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul B

Lil-Rokslider
On the portal does it mean anything if it says pending? my CC has not been hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. All that has happened is cc were ran for drawn applicants. The portal won't update for a week or two with results

OP
wannakillabigbull
7W or 7E late rifle for me. Never hunted elk here so I'm gonna have to get to work on scouting. Already notified boss and the wife that I'll be off the grid

TheCougar

WKR
Nothing yet. I've got enough points that I should be a shoe-in for early archery. Do you think they are done with hitting credit cards?

Paul B

Lil-Rokslider
I believe they are 95% done hitting cards. All that is left are the apps for the rejected cards to be hit for the next man in line. IMO

TheCougar

WKR
I believe they are 95% done hitting cards. All that is left are the apps for the rejected cards to be hit for the next man in line. IMO

Thanks for the pep talk! Yeah, based on my experience if you don't get hit in the initial wave it isn't going to happen at all. So much for my 100% draw odds on gohunt.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing like shining the spot light on the good odds probably doubled the applicants​

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Paul B

Lil-Rokslider
I have wondered how that would affect the draws as everyone is using those programs now. I think a lot of people will be jumping from unit to unit chasing the best draw odds and actually throw their own odds out of whack. Will be curious to see next year how many jumped to certain units to try to take advantage

wapitibob

WKR
Thanks for the pep talk! Yeah, based on my experience if you don't get hit in the initial wave it isn't going to happen at all. So much for my 100% draw odds on gohunt.

GoHunt odds are from 2016. You need the point pools to determine odds going into the 2017 draw and even then guys can jump in ahead of you. I went thru the odds using the point pools for a resident a while back. I didn't find the thread to see who it was.

TheCougar

WKR
GoHunt odds are from 2016. You need the point pools to determine odds going into the 2017 draw and even then guys can jump in ahead of you. I went thru the odds using the point pools for a resident a while back. I didn't find the thread to see who it was.

Wapatibob, That was me! You are the source of all my false hope! I'm kidding obviously. I learned a lot from your post, but unfortunately it looks like a bunch of folks must have applied to my unit that didn't last year.

wapitibob

WKR
I will have the point pool numbers in a few weeks so we can go over them then. I didn't draw either. I kept looking at the numbers and hoping but they kept whispering "you're a point short".

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitebeard