New Mexico Elk

Just want to clarify that if I don't get drawn for NM, I will receive a full refund, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graindrain is correct, $13 fee. That's assuming you also checked the box for a full refund of the $65 hunting license fee. If not, you will be out that cost as well.

Graindrain

Lil-Rokslider
Go ahead and buy the two stamp permits while you are applying. Its a pain if you forget to get the two stamps if you plan to hunt public land and have to go back and get them.

Even if I don't draw for big game I live close enough that I go quail hunting, so I elect to keep the hunting license.

Unlike Colorado, New Mexico is pretty diligent about their refund time frame.

Good luck!

OP
Elkoholic87
Thanks for all the info. I ended up calling NM G&F and heard it from the horses mouth. I always just like to hear it from multiple sources.

TheCougar

WKR
How long does it normally take to get the refund from NM? Colorado takes fooooorrrreeeevvvveeeeerrrr.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
How long does it normally take to get the refund from NM? Colorado takes fooooorrrreeeevvvveeeeerrrr.

When I apply for tags, I expect to draw for what I put in for.....so I consider that money spent and gone. So, when I get my sheep, moose, and goat rejection letters with a check.......it's like finding money hidden in a pocket.:D

OP
Elkoholic87
Just applied for elk. It's a long shot, but I'll take my chances. Any idea of when the results will be a available?

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got my NM deer and elk apps completed. Maybe I can get some work done now. Pining over draw info is a pita.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Any idea of when the results will be a available?

Website says April 26.

Sure would be nice to have that info "before" applying for CO tags. Since NM won't allow you to return a tag, if by chance I draw my CO moose tag.......I'm eating that NM tag if I draw. But they are both pipe dream tags with low odds. So odds of drawing both is extremely slim.

When I apply for tags, I expect to draw for what I put in for.....so I consider that money spent and gone. So, when I get my sheep, moose, and goat rejection letters with a check.......it's like finding money hidden in a pocket.:D
For us NR it's like hitting the lottery!

TheCougar

WKR
I applied to NM. I think my cumulative draw odds are single digit. Oh well, $13 ain't all that much. Besides, the disappointment of not drawing pales in comparison to not drawing in AZ...

This year is my first attempt at NM. I think NM is kind of a no brainer to apply for each year unless you have high expectations for another state's premium tag. I don't know why I had my head up my ass and didn't try in previous years.