2017 Montana Drawing

Logan T

WKR
Did you go for the archery or stick it out for rifle?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Rifle tag my friend. I wasn't going to blow all 13 of my previous points on the archery tag. Should have last year though....

Jon Boy

WKR
Rifle tag my friend. I wasn't going to blow all 13 of my previous points on the archery tag. Should have last year though....
Congrats buddy! If I'm around and you need it, ill come up and give you a hand. Ill drag the camera along too.

jonny5

Lil-Rokslider
Do you all think there will be any Elk only combos in the leftover pool?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Saw this on the page this morning... Looks like a redraw.
65f06b160d72801f00b36818f11c1b4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
Ghost, I think they screwed up on yours. You can't have a permit without first having the combo.

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Just called MT game and fish and they said the big game Combo and elk permits are final...only thing left is deer.

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
system is really screwed up. Guys are drawing without the general and I know of one guy with one point the 900-20 that didn't draw and guys did with no points. that's not right.

jmez

WKR
system is really screwed up. Guys are drawing without the general and I know of one guy with one point the 900-20 that didn't draw and guys did with no points. that's not right.

You will always have that type of result with the way MT does their points. They don't allocate tags based on the number of points you have. They still random draw, you name just goes in more times based on the number of points. Everyone has a shot.

Jon Boy

WKR
You will always have that type of result with the way MT does their points. They don't allocate tags based on the number of points you have. They still random draw, you name just goes in more times based on the number of points. Everyone has a shot.
This is correct and I really prefer it.

jmez

WKR
This is correct and I really prefer it.

I do as well but the system has its downfalls as well. Because you can only get a point through applying for a permit, a lot of guys, like our group, just put in for 380. There is that minuscule chance we will draw it but are really just building points. All it does is flood an area like that with extra applications and takes everyone's odd down.

cgasner1

WKR
We put in for a party I had 4 points the other one guy had 6 the other 8 do they average it out so we all had 6 or do we throw in at just my 4?

JustHunt

FNG
Nothing but more points for me again. Every year I don't draw means I'm a year closer... I just hope my luck isn't like some of the guys who have max or close to max points and don't draw, while all the tags end up going to guys with less points than them!