Tripod question

DIY HNTR

FNG
Has anyone used the SIRUI T-1204X carbon tripod? I'm debating between that and the Slik Pro 624. I'm also thinking about the Manfrotto 700 RC2 mini head.

Just trying to get a good tripod for my Razor HD 65mm spotter. I want something that is lightweight and tough, but not cost a fortune if i can help it lol.

Tsnider

WKR
just got the razor 65 this year. i got the vortex summit and the befree fluid head. seems to work perfect and is really lightweight. im sure at some point ill upgrade to a carbon fiber setup of some sort, but it will likely be a while. and the vortex warranty covers the tripod too.

Boreal

WKR
The Sirui 1204x and 700 RC2 is the exact tripid I've got. I put a short center column on it to save some weight, and because I never extend the tall column. It's solid. The pan head is a little larger than I was expecting, but also very solid. Took the extended handle off and it's still very easy to move precisely. Comfortable from seated on the ground to standing. I have no regrets about the Sirui or the 700 RC2.

OP
DIY HNTR

DIY HNTR

FNG
The Sirui 1204x and 700 RC2 is the exact tripid I've got. I put a short center column on it to save some weight, and because I never extend the tall column. It's solid. The pan head is a little larger than I was expecting, but also very solid. Took the extended handle off and it's still very easy to move precisely. Comfortable from seated on the ground to standing. I have no regrets about the Sirui or the 700 RC2.

Than sounds like a nice setup. Where is a good place to get a shorter center column for it?

Boreal

WKR
Than sounds like a nice setup. Where is a good place to get a shorter center column for it?

Mine came from the local camera shop, where they sold the tripod. Looking at the Sirui website, it appears that both the long and short center columns come with new tripods.

Vandal 44

WKR
I have the Sirui T-025X Carbon Tripod with a Sirui VA-5 Fluid Pan Head that hold my Kowa 773 Spotter, I love the Kowa Spotter the Fluid Pan Head; however the Sirui Tripod is not very stable when fully extended, the Sirui Tripod does fine when not fully extended.

I will be looking for a new tripod that can handle the bigger spotter