Idaho sawtooth archery

I am not sure it is even possible but if you want to turn in the tag i will buy it and give you an extra 100 on top over asking if IDFG allows it.... I am on the IDFG waiting list for this tag, I set my alarm to buy this tag and missed it. I wanted to hunt a certain part of the zone where I was chasing big bucks last year. However here is the issue I like to elk and deer at the same time during archery.

If i do not get the tag I will go to my regular spots which are a zone over but it was absolutely crushed last year with OTC out of state activity and my outlook this year is pretty grim based on what happened to it last year. Piece of advice is this you do not have to break your neck getting away from the road some of the best stuff are in little pockets off the highway. Try places where you have to cross a river and there is no road access. Also shooting big animals miles back can turn a elk trip into a 3 day pack out nightmare. I wonder if any of the other key board warriors on this sight agree with me when I say they need to cut the OTC rifle tags down and give out more archery permits. Anyways do not let the haters turn you off. Be ware Idahoans are not always the warmest to Californians even if you are a hunter so that could be where the animosity comes from. I am from there and live down here now but they have the stereotype in their minds. Best of luck if you want to get rid of the tag let me know.

I'm calling BS "Californiacityboy" .....

openly leads to demise of said OTC unit counting on being able to secure sawtooth tag...
fails to secure tag.
comes back online to complain that said OTC unit is blown out by too many out-of-staters....

seriously man?

CRHUNTITALL a better job is not the answer. priorities are!

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
Duramax if you have a problem why dont you give me your number so we can meet up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
All I see is you on here key board warrioring arpund and being a bully. Buddy I was born in Hailey 1979. Whats your story all you do is troll budddy.

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
Duramax please review the pictures of where I grew up. I own this house if you ever want me to button up your lip up for you please feel free to find me. Questioning peoples authenticity or story when you do not know who they are shows how really pea brained you really are. Its really easy to be mouthy when sitting behind a key board. I will be in Idaho in June and September if you want to be tough let me know.
fe9f22655f253ac56b2442b9c93fcdfd.jpg
a6b0403a61dc043e2a6f9c1deff692c6.jpg
be2bc078a7ada4d0e227d15902794186.jpg

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
If I was born in Idaho and raised in Idaho 27 years Joe Blow how do I become a Californian?? My mother left me that house when she died of lung cancer last year she was from Seattle and moved to Ketchum back in 71. I relocated 10 years ago to get clean and sober. Where are you from buddy? What town in Idaho are you from?

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
I was just messin with you buddy. I love me some Idaho folks, and IDFG it's where I donate all my hunting funds!! I wish I could live in da ho. Alas I'm from....c a li forn ia :/ However I'm wising up with age and I moved to OR 15 years ago, then Eastern WA. I do a lot of work in Idaho in the summer, I'd love to live there...my wife wouldn't. I'll just settle for her letting me buy 5 tags there every year.

PS: Sorry, I meant to respond with a "just kidding" message shortly after my first.

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
All good Joe I need to remember not to take myself so seriously. Duramax and myself also patched things up through a few PM's and all is good we made amends. I cannot get a tag if it is turned in it goes to next guy in line in Idaho I called them and asked. The whole reason I found out I missed the window is CR's post.

Rizzy

WKR
Sawtooth is a lower density, lower age class unit. The tags are limited because it's below objective, not for increasing the age class. Broken up bulls are uncommon. You will have to cover more country to have the same number of encounters as you would in other zones that are hitting objective and have higher densities. This isn't so bad because you will have less encounters with other hunters too due to limited tags, and I think this is what is so attractive about this zone, especially with it being so close and accessible from town.
The bulls in this zone learn just as fast and are just as educated as zones with no quota ;)

HookUp

WKR
My archery shop guru hunts that zone and kills an elk every year. Last year it was a 5 point and he hunts for 18 days.

That should tell you that there is nothing easy about the hunt, but like all units the animals are there you just have to find them.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
The kind of chest beating on this thread won't be tolerated on rokslide and doesn't promote the learning atmosphere we like to foster. I'm glad Randy stepped in. Next time take your measuring sticks elsewhere. You've been warned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
C

CRHUNTITALL

Lil-Rokslider
I never intended for this post to end up going the route it did I was just looking to use this forum as a resource to improve my odds that's all.

1jonmon

Lil-Rokslider
I hope you kill the biggest f&@kin bull in the state. Forget the haters, work it out, bring it home. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, this was probably the most "Monster Muleys" thread I've ever read on this site. I'm going to assume that Idahohillboy is angry because he has to live in California, I'd be pissed too, but I wouldn't take it out on all of you.

Last edited: