Backdoor?

Will_m

WKR
What is this backdoor draw result everyone is speaking of?

It appears this is some way to see if one was drawn without having to wait for the results to be posted?

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log in to your account and look at your current licenses. You should have a 400# on file. Try to buy another license and it will list what licenses you have on file. It should show the 400# app on file, and then a 500# elk license on file if you drew.

Mine shoes 481 on left side then 581 on the right. I put in for unit 54, so shouldn't it say 454 and 554?

Mine shoes 481 on left side then 581 on the right. I put in for unit 54, so shouldn't it say 454 and 554?

The backdoor only tells you if you got a tag or not. You won't find any more information until results are out. The "581 NONRES Elk" means that you have a tag on the way.

Do you know if they have done the leftover draw? I put in for preference point and then two tags after that as second and third choice, will I be able to see if I drew on of them?

oldgoat

WKR
Do you know if they have done the leftover draw? I put in for preference point and then two tags after that as second and third choice, will I be able to see if I drew on of them?
If you put in for a PP first choice in Colorado, then all you get is a preference point and the draw is over and your subsequent choices are null and void because you got your first choice. You also won't be eligible for the leftover "draw" because you drew your first choice. You can buy a leftover leftover tag after the leftover draw is finished.

If you put in for a PP first choice in Colorado, then all you get is a preference point and the draw is over and your subsequent choices are null and void because you got your first choice. You also won't be eligible for the leftover "draw" because you drew your first choice. You can buy a leftover leftover tag after the leftover draw is finished.
Totally inaccurate, I've been drawing 2nd-4th choice tags with PP as a 1st choice for years and a lot of people do.

Find me on Instagram @jaramillo970

oldgoat

WKR
No, not if you put in a PP only for your first choice, if you put in for a unit you can't draw as a first choice to get a PP then you can draw subsequent choices. Pretty sure I'm right but I've been wrong before and thought I was right.

If you drew any tag at all, no matter what choice it was you will have a 500 code (580/581 for elk). If you only have a 400 code then you did not draw any of your choices and will be getting a refund.

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
I just checked my draw results and I have the 581 but it say antlerless elk. I put in as an archery tag as my second choice for unit 55. two of the guys in our group put in for cow tags as their first choice could that be why I am showing antlerless.

I just checked my draw results and I have the 581 but it say antlerless elk. I put in as an archery tag as my second choice for unit 55. two of the guys in our group put in for cow tags as their first choice could that be why I am showing antlerless.

I forgot, non-res will know if they have an antlerless tag because they will be getting a partial refund. I am not too familiar with the group system and if you are allowed to mix and mach tags, but you will be getting a cow tag and a refund.

cnelk

WKR
I remember a loooong time ago....

Spikes were legal elk in OTC areas
When you could only get 1 elk tag per year
Cow tags were actually something treasured and applied for
There wasnt 4 choices on the application - only 2

We have come a long ways 'Pilgrim'

Bulldawg

WKR

To me it seems like your group put in for a cow tag first choice and you drew your first choice tag, so a cow tag so if you put in for a bull tag second choice it wouldn't matter you got your first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
To me it seems like your group put in for a cow tag first choice and you drew your first choice tag, so a cow tag so if you put in for a bull tag second choice it wouldn't matter you got your first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of us put in for a bull tag with 4PP each the other two put in for a cow tag with 0 PP I didn't put in for a antlerless at all so It seems odd I'm showing an antlerless draw.

vanish

WKR
I thought only the party leader's app choice's mattered in a party app? I've always put the exact same choices anyway.