Nevada 072 elk

lif

WKR
My wife drew a early 072 cow tag in nevada. Dates are sept 16-25 I think. Any generic info where the herds will be in 072 during the rut would help us get in and get out without disturbing too many animals for the bull hunters. Thanks

GeoHunter

FNG
I'm not sure where they will be that time of year, but I drew the 072 Wilderness Only tag which starts after that. I live in Elko, so I will be spending a fair amount of time up there this summer. Hit me up later on and I might have some information for you.

nvgoosehntr

Lil-Rokslider
I answered you on the other early 072 hunt thread but keep in touch - I will let you know what I see this summer scouting.

hntnnut

Lil-Rokslider
Funny my wife also drew 072 but late season, this will be her first elk hunt and our first time in Nevada.

best of luck to ya.

Richard

OP
L

lif

WKR
Sweet. My wife went hunting for first time last year and killed a buck. Now she is a provider 😊. Lots of fun. Thanks for the help goose hunter. Hope you get giant bull. Antler growth should be good this year.

530Chukar

WKR
It has been about 10 years since I was last in there. At that time they were deep into the wilderness about as far from any roads as you could get during mid-October. The more pressure, the deeper in they will go.

id450

WKR
I hunted there last year on the wilderness tag. The hunt that takes place at the same time out of the wilderness boundary was crazy. People were all over riding atv's, side by sides u name it. One of guys I gave a ride had not seen a elk in a week. He walking on the road and looked shot so I offered him a ride up the road. There were plenty of elk and a lot of great bulls in the wilderness. It was hard to sleep at night listing to them bugle . It was awesome. My advice in the wildernesses , walk In slow and glass . I seen a lot of elk with two miles of the trail head opening day. It seemed that was about the limit for day hikers and they got pushed around good the first day. I shot my cow 5 miles in opening evening around October 1. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

id450

WKR
BTW. Beautiful gift from God that county. It was Spectacular

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk