72 early elk

SO..... How did everyone fair in the Jarbidge last year? I pulled the Early Bull tag this year. I've hunted in there before ad will scout a couple times. Anyone find the big boys?

From my experiences and research a 300 inch bull is average in that area. I believe anything over 340 would be a great bull to take out of there.

I drew a Bull Tag for 72-74 for Archery and got a shot at a 300+ (I wasn't sure, of course). There are a bunch, especially in the Wilderness areas. They just move a lot so it is hard to pinpoint. Congratulations and good luck sir.

Bringing this to the top, Took my first scouting trip this weekend. This was more of a road/area scout trip as the Elk will be pushed around significantly before my season starts on Oct 22nd. We did find 15 bulls in just two glassing sessions but it was HOT HOT HOT out there. Good luck to the archery hunters..... but save the big boys for me!!!

Bringing this to the top, Took my first scouting trip this weekend. This was more of a road/area scout trip as the Elk will be pushed around significantly before my season starts on Oct 22nd. We did find 15 bulls in just two glassing sessions but it was HOT HOT HOT out there. Good luck to the archery hunters..... but save the big boys for me!!!

See any bucks or cows? I have the mid rifle cow tag and late rifle buck tag. I know they will be pushed around before then. Just curious.

We saw a lot of Deer (a lot more than 5yrs ago when we were in there). 5 bucks, most were forkies but we did come across a decent 4x4. ZERO cows, every elk we saw was a bull!! Not sure if this is good or bad ??