Colorado Elk Google Earth Digital Scouting Video

Hey Guys - I've put together a short video on Google Earth Digital scouting that is really geared towards the Colorado elk hunter. If you are a beginner to elk hunting, or are planning on hunting a totally different unit than you have in the past, this video will help with locating elk. A lot of people I've talked with recently are unaware of the CO Species Maps so I wanted to highlight that in the video which will help with your scouting efforts leading up to the hunt.

I've provided the links to everything in the description of the video. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck with your hunts this Fall :)

Google Earth Digital Scouting For Elk In Colorado - YouTube

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
I'd link to the game units from the game dept instead of Huntin Fools maps that can be 10 years old. GE Pro is a much better option as well with the ability to add .shp and geotiff maps.

OP
Transition Wild
I'd link to the game units from the game dept instead of Huntin Fools maps that can be 10 years old. GE Pro is a much better option as well with the ability to add .shp and geotiff maps.

Good call. I was having trouble finding the gmu maps from parks and wildlife. I do like the GE pro as well. Thanks for watching.

rfc86

FNG
Thanks for the video. I was able to download into my Google Earth Pro and see my initial spots I was scouting in the OTC unit are looking good. I appreciate it.

OP
Transition Wild
Glad you found it useful and were able to cross reference your units. Good luck this Fall and thanks for checking out the video.

OP
Transition Wild
Thanks for the video. I was able to download into my Google Earth Pro and see my initial spots I was scouting in the OTC unit are looking good. I appreciate it.

Glad you found it useful and were able to cross reference your units. Good luck this Fall and thanks for checking out the video.