Nevada 16/17 Mid Bull

BagNTagM

FNG
Hello, i was fortunate enough to draw a bull tag this year for Nevada 16/17. Does anyone have any recommendations for outfitters in the Monitor Range? I'm not sure how feasible this hunt is without horses? Thanks.

OP
B

BagNTagM

FNG
Did anyone have success in the Monitors during the early season or cow season? I am pretty set on going without horses so any intel would be greatly appreciated. I will be headed up next week for a quick scouting trip, can share info if interested.

slvrslngr

WKR
Yes, you can do it without horses. Yes, you will have to work for it. Get up high, there are multiple points of access. Plan on camping up on top. Good luck!

I helped a buddy for a few days last year on an archery bull hunt in the Monitors. You can access quite a bit with a side by side and on foot. If it were my tag I would get high and look into the P&J, mountain mahogany, and the rocks. Good luck!

OP
B

BagNTagM

FNG
Thanks for the pointers guys, getting pretty excited about this hunt, just wish I could have scouted the area more.

OP
B

BagNTagM

FNG
Are you able to get into the Table Mountain wilderness or are you going to stick to the monitor range?

If I do hunt the wilderness area it will be on foot, which isnt a problem, kind of open to everything until I get there and get the lay of the land.

If I do hunt the wilderness area it will be on foot, which isnt a problem, kind of open to everything until I get there and get the lay of the land.

There elk on table. Still cows, so I'm sure there's some bulls up there assuming hunting pressure isn't terrible. The Monitors give those herd bulls a place to recover though.