Elk down... pack antlers first or last

Bar

Banned
I'm the opposite, Paul. My back isn't what it used to be, so I do a lot of trips with lighter loads. Depending on how far I am to my Jeep it can be anywhere from 3 hours to what's left of the day and the next morning.

ElkNut1

WKR
I hear ya bud! I'm sure the time is coming that I'll be doing something similar, I'm not getting any younger! (grin)

ElkNut1

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
5MiBack
Thanks for posting that.
It must be fairly new. Im going to look back in my old issues of Regs and see when it was updated.

I also looked under the DEER section and that statement is not posted.
Go figure. Makes no sense

I'm pretty sure it's been in there since they instituted the 4-point rule. Pretty sure deer had it as well when they had the 3-point rule.

Ran into this issue myself. Antler restrictions and legal bucks are the right answer. I WON'T make that mistake again!

I'd be really curious to see what a CO opinion would be on what to do with boned out meat...being packed out from a few miles.

Personally I think the evidence of sex law is insane.

What's the ticket price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bar

Banned
I agree. I always bone out to make the load as light as possible. The proof of sex is still attached naturally to the piece of boned out meat just like if the quarter was whole. If that's what you were asking.