best way to find outfitters camp locations?

I am hunting a unit that has a fair amount of outfitters and want to make sure I don't wind up camping to close to any of them. Its a steep unit with limited area flat enough to set up a camp.

I have heard that some outfitters will offer up their camp locations to avoid over crowding. Is there a place I can go to see a list of the outfitters operating in a unit and their camp location?

Whatever agency regulates the outfitters will have that info. Not sure if they will give it out always though.
If it's limited to certain areas going on Google earth and looking for some fall imagery may show camps.

OP
F
You might also want to consider using a hammock instead of a tent or bivvy so you can camp on sloping ground where they can't.

I like that Idea and might take one along for a bivy option, but were going as a group of 4 so we do have an 8 person tent we were planning on using. Worst case scenario we camp in the bottom of the draw where it would be flat enough. I know that will be colder than halfway up, but its better than waking up smashed against the side of the tent!

ericF

WKR
It depends on the area you are going, but in Colorado you actually want to talk to the Forest Service and not the Division of Wildlife. It depends on each forest service location, but at the Meeker location they actually have a big map of the area showing exactly where the outfitters are licensed to be. You have to take a picture of the map as they don't really have anything in a digital format to hand out, but start with the forest service.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've had success calling the outfitters. They are usually pretty happy to tell you where their camps are going to be if you tell them you are trying to avoid them.

530Chukar

WKR
I've seen some of the outfitters websites in the area I am hunting this year that will show exactly where their drop camps are on a map.

USFS in any given state should be able to provide that info. They are the ones who issue the land use permits and will usually tell you where each outfitter is licensed to camp and hunt.