New Mexico Archery Elk: Day-by-day format

Bynumlife

Lil-Rokslider
Love it Randy. I followed your bear hunt too and loved the format. Unfortunately in today's world it's so expensive to produce a quality hunting show and pay for air time, you have to sell half the show to advertisers. I guess it's what ultimately get the show aired but for many of us, we just enjoy the hunting. Your YouTube is perfect where you highlight your sponsors but are not shoving products down our throats. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoy this format - shows more of the true work and downtime that goes in to a hunt. It makes the hunt a little more realistic than shows can sometimes portray. (although I do love your shows as well!)

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Day 5 - How many miles does it take to arrow a bull elk on public land?

[video=youtube_share;7eNjpun2U0Y]https://youtu.be/7eNjpun2U0Y[/video]

RBNM

FNG
Really appreciate this closer look format. The detail is crucial for someone in my shoes. I've discovered hunting in my 30's and appreciate any genuine lived examples I can get. Thanks for taking the deep dive on this one.

DDAM

FNG
Great Great Greeeat content Randy. As a new hunter, i've scoured the entire www to get a better idea what a "typical" elk hunt would feel like. Watched just about everything from every production big or small. This series as you've laid it out actually felt as if I were tagging along you and Corey. No fancy camera work, no hype music. Just good plain ol'elk hunting. Also a plug for Corey, having Elk101 content, I could relate to what Corey's strategies and tactics. Felt real, felt the struggle with atv'ers..... gives us a more realistic sample of bowhunting for elk and the real struggles by 2 experienced elk hunters. Keep it up!

TJ

WKR
I really like the way your presenting these. The extra details on things that normally get cut are nice to see. I've watched them all so far.
Keep up the good work Randy.

dotman

WKR
I find myself really looking forward to these now, hope this hunt is about 20+ days long 😀

4IDARCHER

WKR
Love these videos and thread. I can't wait to get down to 16A for first season Archery, watching this video only makes me want to get there faster. Did both you and Corey luck out and draw 16E separately or did you tie your tags together?

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Day 6 - Enough already. Did they not read the script?

[video=youtube_share;iztCwiuZwWk]https://youtu.be/iztCwiuZwWk[/video]

Corey and I drew as a party app.

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
This is a really fun hunt to follow along with. The difference between the calling in episode 2 and episode 3 is YUGE!

I'd rather watch these clips than a show on tv or cable any day. I don't get any of the hunting channels on tv anyways. As others have said the music and extreme editing is annoying.

I only recently stumbled across your videos and really appreciate your work.

Keep it up!

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Day 7 - Too sick to hunt.

I was starting to have a liver flare up (I have a rare liver condition) on the hike out night of Day 6. By the morning of Day 7, it was getting worse. So, rather than slow everyone down, the plan was for me to medicate, hydrate, and rest until noon, at which time we would regroup and hunt that afternoon. At least that was the plan.

[video=youtube_share;fPld-CpUJnE]https://youtu.be/fPld-CpUJnE[/video]

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
When the tough gets tougher Mr. Jacobson says "were going to get here earlier and we are going to go further".

Can't wait for day 8.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
Love the multi day videos. It feels like we are on the hunt with you. Can't wait to see how it ends up! Good stuff Randy!

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Day 8 - Is today the day?

[video=youtube_share;Jpw2EHf2-3s]https://youtu.be/Jpw2EHf2-3s[/video]

young7.3

WKR
Awesome footage Randy! Your videos are by far the most instructional on YouTube for hunting. Does New Mexico allow party applications? I'm amazed both Corey and you drew tags on such slim odds!

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Awesome footage Randy! Your videos are by far the most instructional on YouTube for hunting. Does New Mexico allow party applications? I'm amazed both Corey and you drew tags on such slim odds!

Thanks. Yes, NM does allow party apps. Corey and I drew as a party. It was a huge stroke of luck to draw, so maybe we used all of our luck in the drawing and didn't leave much good luck for the hunt. We weren't so luck in the 2017 draws.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Hey Randy,

I've seen your NM rifle hunt with Tim Lesser too, and I assume it was last year as well since it's on your new season this year. Did you have a tag as well on that hunt, or just Tim? If so, how do you get two tags in a year in NM?