New Mexico Archery Elk: Day-by-day format

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Some of you have seen this episode on TV earlier this month where I hunting New Mexico Unit 16E with Corey Jacobsen. Rather than just do the abbreviated version that TV requires, we have edited every day of this hunt for YouTube. Some days will be 6-8 minutes and others will be as long as a normal TV episode.

There is so much that happens behind the scenes that gets cut for the time constraints of TV. Rather than waste hours and hours of cool content, we decided to use our YouTube platform to tell a longer story, adding in as much information and as many tips as possible.

Not sure if folks will like these pieces that don't have music, no fancy graphics, no big changes to the footage, just hunting and dialogue. Guess we will find out.

This is our first stab at what we call a "FULL STORY Cut," so we are interested to know if people like this format and style. It is a ton of extra work, but we think it will be worth the effort. We hope you agree.

Day 1 is here:
[video=youtube_share;J8p90cxeqpc]https://youtu.be/J8p90cxeqpc[/video]

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Day 2:

[video=youtube_share;WftI6y07640]https://youtu.be/WftI6y07640[/video]

If you like a video and want to give it a thumbs up on the YouTube channel, that helps us. The more likes a video gets, the more it will move up the YouTube algorithm. Thanks in advance for any positive comments.

chops24

WKR
I looooove 16E and will be looking forward to you're experience there! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Day 3 link here.

[video=youtube_share;6z6m1dm8ClQ]https://youtu.be/6z6m1dm8ClQ[/video]

pointer26

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate you doing what you do can not get enough. I have learned many things from your show.
Thank You
P

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Not sure if folks will like these pieces that don't have music, no fancy graphics, no big changes to the footage, just hunting and dialogue. Guess we will find out.

I actually prefer that type of video, can't stand all the music. I have never once heard any music out there when I've been chasing elk. Thank goodness. I already saw the TV version, but look forward to all these. The first thing I noticed in the TV version was the lack of grouse.;)

Btaylor

WKR
Wish the TV format was more along these lines. Run an hour in length and take about half of the shows on there now off the air.

I love that you're bringing varied content to different formats. I don't have those hunting channel subscriptions so I haven't seen the TV episode, but I did read Corey's blog about it. Knowing what eventually happens, it's still been a thrill to watch every morning. Keep up the good work Randy. I look forward to more content like it.

Beendare

WKR
I like the format....as it really gives a guy more of a realistic portrayal of the hunt.

I think one of the reasons for so many hunters in the elk woods with a bow is some of the videos make it look like its a layup....

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Day 4 and things seem to be getting harder, not easier.

[video=youtube_share;EF3QlfZD_b8]https://youtu.be/EF3QlfZD_b8[/video]

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I think one of the reasons for so many hunters in the elk woods with a bow is some of the videos make it look like its a layup....

More like a slam dunk.

Loved the first three........fixin to watch #4 now. Randy, they're better than the TV show version. You guys should start putting a day or two together and have an entire show for every couple days. Or maybe I like them just because there aren't any commercials.;) Either way........much prefer these. I feel like I'm there with you guys while watching them. That's why I get a little frustrated.......I'm more aggressive.:D

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
As someone who right now only dreams about being "out there" for elk , watching is almost like being there . Thanks for that .
Awesome show !!

TexanSam

Lil-Rokslider
Love it! You seem to like filming southwest NM, need someone to follow around down there this season?

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk