Montana 2017 bow elk partner

Karl

FNG
Hello, my name is Karl. I'm in elk shape. I try to stay that way because I love chasing elk and because it keeps me healthy. I'm 49 this year. Im a new resident. Love to be in the elk woods during the rut. Don't want to spend the money for no res tag. My residency doesn't kick in till December of 2017. So if anyone is interested I'll do the calling to set u up for the shot. Help pack the meat out. This way I can get some time in the elk woods for this year. Going to be doing some pre season scouting. Contact me if your game.

OP
K

Karl

FNG
I'm out of Helena but will travel anywhere in the state

OP
K

Karl

FNG
I'm a pretty good caller, I practice all year. I was really good at calling turkey back east but never entered any competitions or anything like that. It took me a bit to get the elk calling rite (way different technique). Finally got it figured out and have been working to perfect my tone. I'm not ready for any competitions yet but I seem to be able to fool the elk.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I bag my Idaho elk early enough I will remember this offer would be in the northwest corner trout creek area👍

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm out of Helena but will travel anywhere in the state

Nice, I'm in Bozeman. This will be my second season here but I didn't chase elk last year. I've only ever shot 1 elk, a cow tule on the east slope of the Sierra's with a rifle. Anyways I'm extremely excited for archery season. I've got a ton to learn and am just hoping to have some close encounters this season. Once it gets a little closer let me know if you want to get out. I'm self employed so I'm trying to line things up for a flexible schedule through archery season. I've just got a general tag and have been researching several areas within an hour-ish of me.

OP
K

Karl

FNG
Good to hear! I have a brother in-law in Bozeman who's an avid elk hunter who has lived in Montana most of his life. I too am new to the game but all my hunting has been in Oregon. I arrowed a bull my first year. Had many encounters since then but haven't had the time to hunt effectively. Not enough days in the woods. My wife is an avid believer in a full freezer so I'm encouraged by her to spend more time in the woods. My favorite part of the whole experience is the calling. I don't care who in the team arrows the bull, Just as long as I get to call him in. I am super excited to be in Montana and look forward to many hunting seasons, including wolf season. I too am self employed so I set my own schedule. Been practicing everyday with not just the calling but learning what to say and when to say it. Would love the opportunity to call in a bull for you. One of the best parts of interest to me is
the teamwork and comradery that comes with the hunt. Me and my wife travel down to Bozeman often to shop and just explore. Would like to get together one day, see if we click.

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome man, I'll pm you my contact info.

My wife learned to enjoy the southern California desert mule deer I used to get when we were there but since moving to Bozeman she's developed a taste for elk that all our friends share with us at most every get together. She's asked if I can fill the freezer with elk this year instead of deer. I've warned her she may not see me much in September.

Let me know if you're ever in the area and we can meet up for a beer.