Who is getting really Elk Horny??

I am becoming worthless!! The closer we get to September the bigger my little elk chubby gets!!! I know Im not the only one ;)

colonel00

WKR
Uh, I've never found myself "Horny" towards elk. I'm not judging but perhaps you should spend a weekend out with the guys... :D

MtnOyster

WKR
lmao.........................never heard it put like that but I am starting to get really anxious to get back out there, what I thought was gonna be a raghorn last year turned out to be a monster walked in on us kinda unexpected at 35 yds but too thick to shoot, only had a head and 2ft neck shot and chose not to shoot, I have relived that moment about a million time since last year and I don't know what I was thinking taking the humane route, i can thread the needle pretty good at that distance and if i ever get that opportunity again it will be 3 razorblades through the head or neck I'm not the humane type but i was for that moment and it bites me every day!!!!

Sounds like the right decision. I've had a similar situation that I've tried to twist in my head afterwards but, ultimately, I just had a less-than-good frontal shot.

ahlgringo

WKR
I would agree- you made the right decision. If its not there- its not there. I guarantee your anguish over this last year is exponentially better than dealing with the thought and aftermath of a poor shot and a wounded elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are into the 30 s for the countdown definitely getting stoked👍 Sounds like you made the right choice passing on that shot that is hunting and keeps us coming back each year.

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty sure if my girlfriend hears me send out another elk bugle echoing through the house, I'll be a different type of horny after she leaves me.

Drew my first elk tag and leave in 46 days for Idaho! So stoked to finally get out there.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I'm ready to walk out the door lol. I think I unpack and repack pretty much every day.

c1c442554755bfd284deee13ec7d9c6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
I mentally go through my game plan everyday. Wish it was tomorrow as Cam Hanes says.

I hear you. Working on my calling this year, got a pretty raspy bugle going. I'm starting to think I should skip the early season ambush/tree stand tactics and call one in or nothing!

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
37 days till we hike in to the Pecos wilderness with bow in hand. I can't stand the wait!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk