Deception in the hunting community

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
Those guys just started hunting a few years back, same with the Mtn Ops guys. Not sure they are the best advocates for public land. They are social media junkies.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not really accurate. They became more well known in the last few years, but to say they just started hunting a few years ago is just plain innacurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a guided hunt or private land hunt.. Hell I dont even have a problem with high fence hunts.. Although I dont look at those as a hunt, but more of just shooting something. I have done them all as well as DIY public land and I have nothing against any of them as long as people are real with the type of hunt they are on or did.
Thats where the deception comes in

I killed my bull a few weeks back on day 8 of a DIY public land Solo hunt 4.5 miles from the truck. Was that hunt harder than my Guided moose hunt when I had a guide and cook in camp?? Ya, but the moose hunt was still hard.. We as hunters need to just need to all get along and quit being shitty to each other.

Last edited:
The "Hush Life Bros" are a great example of public land hunters and fighting hard to keep public land in public hands! They are also more knowledgeable about conservation than most hunters. If you spent anytime watching their hunting videos, you'd realize they are a great group of guys making a positive impact on the hunting industry.

I've spent plenty of time watching them. They do decent work (besides that bit of nonsense with chamois and helicopters in New Zealand), have a distinct style, and I think they talk to a demographic that is in dire need of education about hunting and the role it plays in conservation. Yet I don't care for their material that much. It's like the music of a band I don't care for. It doesn't speak to me. I guess it's way too self-promotional for me. I understand that people like them who make a living at this need to have that self-promoting personality to get sponsorships and make money.

I guess that's why they're doing it and I'm not.

Last edited:
Not really accurate. They became more well known in the last few years, but to say they just started hunting a few years ago is just plain innacurate.

Just recently it seemed a lot of them said it was their "1st deer" or "1st antelope". So makes it seem like they are fairly new to hunting

sneaky

"DADDY"

Post data to support the fact that that statement is inaccurate. I've listened to most of the podcasts that they are on, and by their own admission they haven't been hunting long. I'll take admissions from their mouths over yours.

This thread is the perfect example of the biggest issue with hunting. Social media posts griping and complaining about other hunters. Who cares what someone does or how they do it? If we would all mind our own business and stop trying to force our personal ways of doing things and our personal perception of what is ethical on everyone else, we might all actually get along.

AdamRappe

FNG
Who cares if a guy or group makes a living off of hunting through Social Media and posts all the time about hunting. Who cares if a guy doesn't make a living off of social media but still posts all the time about hunting. Who cares if a guy spends 300+ plus days in the backcountry. Who cares if a guy only spends a handful of days in the backcountry. WE ARE ALL HUNTERS. I believe a big issue is HUNTERS are jealous of other HUNTERS who have a platform to share to thousands of people on social media. We need to quit mocking each other about how one guys hunts or how one guy looks when he hunts. Whoever reads this post is a hunter and needs to realize we're all fighting for the same thing. We need to stand together and quit mocking other HUNTERS before we lose the chance to event hunt. I'm proud to be a hunter and I never want to lose the right to hunt or lose my public lands. That is our biggest issue and the sooner we all realize it and quit being jealous the better. It just seems like jealousy is a huge problem in the hunting industry

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
Post data to support the fact that that statement is inaccurate. I've listened to most of the podcasts that they are on, and by their own admission they haven't been hunting long. I'll take admissions from their mouths over yours.

Post data, right. My perception from their videos is that Brian and Casey grew up hunting, from their own mouths on videos which I can’t even try to recall which one. Eric seems to be “newer” but that’s just my perception from watching their stuff.
If you look at the YouTube stuff Casey Has some older stuff pre HUSHIN.

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
\Whoever reads this post is a hunter and needs to realize we're all fighting for the same thing. We need to stand together and quit mocking other HUNTERS before we lose the chance to event hunt.\

That is WAY to broad of a generalization, and is simply not true. On this thread you have some in favor of high fence hunts, which is opposed to the NA model of conservation and a huge eye sore to the non-hunting public. I've seen this crap portrayed as legit hunting which is a deception of the highest degree to me. Technically we all are fighting to save hunting but that requires a definition of what hunting is. Canned hunts? Never. Sitting over a pile of corn waiting for a deer to show up? Nope. Taking a 1000 yard shot? Hardly.

Agreeing on what we are trying to protect is impossible these days with TV shows hawking high fence "management" hunts, deer "attractants", airbows, etc. They make it look easy, and like it or not that's what most hunters want. We have more to fear from within our ranks than outside.

That is WAY to broad of a generalization, and is simply not true. On this thread you have some in favor of high fence hunts, which is opposed to the NA model of conservation and a huge eye sore to the non-hunting public. I've seen this crap portrayed as legit hunting which is a deception of the highest degree to me. Technically we all are fighting to save hunting but that requires a definition of what hunting is. Canned hunts? Never. Sitting over a pile of corn waiting for a deer to show up? Nope. Taking a 1000 yard shot? Hardly.

Agreeing on what we are trying to protect is impossible these days with TV shows hawking high fence "management" hunts, deer "attractants", airbows, etc. They make it look easy, and like it or not that's what most hunters want. We have more to fear from within our ranks than outside.

While I don’t disagree with some of what you said, the holier than though “this is hunting; this is not” is way out of hand these days. Unless some of the people that keep saying that are hunting with handmade bows and arrows and are using animal skins as camo then the argument is COMPLETELY invalid. If one way is right then where is the actual line?? If no 1000yrd shots then where is the limit? What about bows (trad vs compound)? Clothing? Hunting over food plots? Crop fields? Water holes? Canned/fenced hunts; what about Kodiak? Afognak?

If we take these stances and fight against one another where does it stop?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
There has to a ethical line somewhere. There will always be someone to push the gray areas for fame and praise. There will always be someone willing to give up all ethics for the same praise and fame. Should all hunters bear the burden of defending hunting while these pretenders sabotage us with every post to Facebook and Instagram I don't think so. Somethings needed to called out and excluded so the question becomes which practices don't make the cut

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
This thread makes me thing of all of the Outdoors and Alaska TV shows. Every 2 minutes they present some bad situation followed by several quick camera angle changes to excite you, throw in some "elevated situation" soundtrack and then cut to a commercial. Each time the show comes back on they show that nothing bad actually happened.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm gonna produce a tv show where all the kill shots are before the commercials.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Lol. Sure they will, the commercials will cover what we killed it with

sneaky

"DADDY"
The commercial break will give us a chance to lay out all the products around the critter. Hashtags everywhere lol

The only thing that would make this thread any better is if we started bashing Kuiu and complaining about Kifaru's shipping times in the heart of the busy season.

12ring

FNG
I've thought about unfollowing individuals on social media if I felt they were pushing a product or not being objective about a product review- but then realized I wouldn't have anyone to follow... Maybe that would be best ;)