Gunnison, CO .... Were can I leave a truck?

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
Heading to Unit 54 for 2nd rifle season. Meeting friends who are driving in from another direction. We are meeting in Gunnison and taking one vehicle out to hunt. Is there any place someone might recommend to leave a vehicle for 7+ days?

Thanks

xziang

WKR
I like the police station idea, I didn't think of the civic services PD/FD. I was thinking maybe a hotel and ask the manager at one of those.

I am sure Walmart would work but just not a fan of there for fear of thievery. Maybe someone from there can provide better feedback.

Bulldawg

WKR
There's cars in walmart parking lot all the time, and I wouldn't say that theft is as big an issue here as it is most places. Airport seems to me like a good place, or ask a hotel manager but I think that they will say know because their parking lots aren't very big and they will have a lot of hunters with trailers during that time of year. If it were me I would probably drive both to camp and just leave one there though. That's just me though, I like to have my own truck.

ssliger

WKR
I would check out the regional airport. It's $5/day, but some added peace of mind with it being patrolled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gr8bawana

WKR
There's cars in walmart parking lot all the time, and I wouldn't say that theft is as big an issue here as it is most places. Airport seems to me like a good place, or ask a hotel manager but I think that they will say know because their parking lots aren't very big and they will have a lot of hunters with trailers during that time of year. If it were me I would probably drive both to camp and just leave one there though. That's just me though, I like to have my own truck.

I had a fuel pump in my truck take a dump a few years ago. If we didn't have my brother's truck in camp we would have been SOL because the round trip to the nearest town was 96 miles. That would have been after walking about 3 miles to the main dirt road to try to get a ride into town.
Good luck trying to find someone to give a ride to a stranger 48 miles into the mountains.
I like the security of having a second vehicle because you never know what will happen.