OTC Colorado

btp

FNG
Hey Guys,

So another attempt at hooking up with someone to go hunting this fall. I posted one of these on the Rally section and almost found a hunting buddy so I thought I'd put one here.

I have been out west to hunt elk the last 4 years, got progressively bigger bulls each of the last 3 years. Of course these were Ranch hunts, the logistics of going out west without knowing anyone from SC is quite a daunting undertaking and at the time I could afford it. A couple of things happened this year, I took a pay cut to be home with my family more, and honestly I've kind of been there, done that on the Ranch hunt thing. Still a great experience, and I learned a ton. Hell, I had the time of my life....

So I have a buddy in NC that I saltwater flyfish with that is from Junction and comes home every year to hunt with his brother. I finally got the green light to go with these guys, but part of this new job I took to get off the road is a commitment to go to 4 trades shows a year. Of course they are going sept 15-22 and the show is 17-20th. Hosed.

Next I put the rally point post up and met a guy from Colorado Springs who was nice enough to offer to let me tag along with him. Problem was he has a draw unit tag. So yesterday there are 2 of those available. 15 minutes in there's 1. 11:41 eastern I get through and get the same message other guys got, system down. I could have kicked a puppy, and its funny to hear things were back up in 4 minutes. So I didn't get the tag. If I can't find someone to hunt with I am going to go with this guy and enjoy the backcountry and see about learning more without a bow in my hand.

So quickly about me, I'm 44, in as good a shape as I possibly can be. There are no mountains in coastal SC, but I do play tennis 4 times a week in 90+ degree weather and lift the other 3. I have always been as strong as my guides on the mountain. I do know how to backpack, I have done so all my life for trout in the appalachains. I have not done a 5 night trip, its gonna be a first. I have killed 3 bulls, I do read everything I can to learn the game from afar. Funny enough I moved to Boise not long after college, love the west. Probably would still be there, but I met my wife 3 months before I left and after a year she said I either needed to come home or she was going to begin entertaining other gentlemen. As I said earlier, I'm not overly religious or political, I enjoy a drink at the end of the day, and I don't need to be the chief of any adventure, prefer cooperative approach.

The conference means I gotta be home to exchange a backpack for a suitcase on 9/16. So if anyone is looking for a partner on a hunt of 5-7 days returning before that date let me know. I had another gentleman who was kind enough to offer me a chance to come hunt, but it was for a 4 day weekend, going up Thursday and returning sunday. That's just a bit too short to justify coming across the country, but I appreciate the offer.

Thanks for reading.