Best Bull Elk Photo Contest 2017, sponsored by Kifaru

Status
Not open for further replies.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Last year's contest brought us some excellent shots of all-things-bull-elk hunting. We're back again and Kifaru has offered up some of their most popular products for 1st and 2nd place.

First the rules for posting a qualified 2017 harvest photo:

This is NOT a biggest bull contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2017 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the bull, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

4) Must be a photo of a bull harvested in 2017

5) Between archery season and December 10th, post up your best 2017 harvest photo on this thread

6) One photo per bull only. If you harvest multiple bulls, you can enter one photo for each

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Kifaru use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

Here are the prizes to be awarded:

1st place is the super-light Kifaru Supertarp:
attachment.php

SuperTarp – Kifaru Intl. Online Store

2nd place is the soon-to-be released Zippered Woobie:

attachment.php

(Gen 1, non-zippered shown)
Woobie – Kifaru Intl. Online Store

3rd place will be the ever popular Rokslide Kill Kit
attachment.php

Be sure and subscribe at "Thread Tools", top of this post so you don't miss some great photography and winner announcements in December

Last edited:

Ryan2782

FNG
I have a special draw tag for Idaho that goes from December 5th - 31st. Any chance on extending the entry date?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I have a special draw tag for Idaho that goes from December 5th - 31st. Any chance on extending the entry date?

Sorry man. We need this wrapped up well before them as that is when our busy season hits with a vengeance. You'll probably tag out by the 10th anyways!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Again.....I'm not winning any photo contests with my camera skills, but I'm so proud of my 16yo daughter's first elk hunt. Muzzleloader at 30 yards. A week ago Sat was the first time she ever shot a ML (late notice tag so not much time to prepare). Had to pull a just about all-nighter on this one, as she shot him around 7pm. Sooooo proud of her, what a trooper even all night.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
2017 Washington Archery Elk. 2 weeks in the backcountry is always a good time. I used my Kifaru frame and nomad bag to pack him out.

abb46c37cce896e424f52636dd6e96cc.jpg

Last edited:

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
First bull ever. Archery, OTC Colorado.
f8fb40b626fb72b3bdae1d6716a7bd0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jhayes6405

Lil-Rokslider
My first archery bull. Shot him at last light so the little goal zero lantern I packed in was awesome for cutting it up.
e0658b8f7275ddd4e62fc45f0e40011f.jpg

My wife's DIY public land bull. This was her first elk hunt and her first archery hunt. Double lunged him with one well placed arrow. I couldn't be more proud.

3858e6732fa5049454c8612cc3494f6c.jpg

JPD350

WKR
The joy and the pain of solo hunting, I successfully took all the meat and packed it out but lost it all, this pic was 12 hours after the shot. How I broke down this animal was one of the toughest things I have ever done.

Attachments

• 20170922_083229.jpg
    20170922_083229.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 410
The joy and the pain of solo hunting, I successfully took all the meat and packed it out but lost it all, this pic was 12 hours after the shot. How I broke down this animal was one of the toughest things I have ever done.
Just curious but when you said you "packed it out, but lost it all"....what happened? Too hot outside?

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.