Life goes on...

Very sorry for your loss but when my day comes I hope I'm by my buddy doing what you 2 was and I go right there as he did!!

May not be much but if you kill an elk and can't bring it all back I'll be more than glad to pitch in money to help get the rest Of the meat back home with you. Or if a rockslide member Is close and can get it from processor pack it in dry ice for you and mail it. I'll chip in some jingles to make that happen. May not be a lot but maybe someday that could be me and it's my way to show Respect to you for what u done.

Good luck.

Also, IMO taking The trip although tuff at first to think about is a no brainer at this point. Id like to say that sometimes man or woman (ladies due respect but just flow with me here) you gotta pull ya nuts out slap them on the table and just do something for pride enjoyment and the sake of being a man or woman and just being plain damn proud for whatever reason you may.

I don't mean selfishly Going not only for yourself but for ya buddy and yourself and not letting the moment of loss stop you is vital at this point. It may not mean much of a shit to anyone in this world, but you know ya buddy and you know yourself and long as it makes u feel good and know it'd make him proud too then Ol boy I think now Is 1 of them times u gotta slap them bitches on the table and rock out with ya out and get after it.

Any man try save another mans life like that by all Means deserves respect. From me you got it!!! Get it done get hands on a bull and cry like a sobbing ass baby for all the reasons at stake. Lord knows I would!!!

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you want to hang out in our camp we'll be in 66A from mid Sep on. Heck, if you need help with calling or anything I'll be in that area a lot throughout the whole month. My friend coming out from Tennessee broke his ankle a couple of weeks ago and ID F&G have been less than reasonable in working with him to turn in his tag. He said if nothing else he'll sit around camp for two weeks. He will need some company. Bill wouldn't want you throwing a pity party for him. Go hunt and remember your friend. It'll be the best way to honor him and your friendship.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Man, I have been trying to think about how to respond to this for a week now. First off, I cannot imagine what it was like to sit there while this was happening and you doing everything you can to save his life. I can't imagine what he was going through fighting for his life. I can only hope it was quick and painless for him. For you to continue on this journey, with the blessing of his family, is almost too emotional to bear. I can only hope and pray that once you are there, that you sit in awe of your surroundings, knowing the circumstances that took place to get you there. I don't know if I could do that but really hope I could. Like others have said here, he would have wished that you would continued this journey and adventure. Best of luck to you and the memories that got you there. I had a picture of my mom with me while I watched the Saints win the Superbowl. It might seem crazy but I know she was probably laughing the whole time and it meant alot to me. Maybe have a picture of him with you for the ride and take a few pictures along the way. Hopefully his family will see the humor in it. We will be in the area of Sargents on the 14th of September through the end of the archery season. I will think of the two of you and as I look to the stars at night, hope that you are at peace.
Best of luck to all that make the venture and wishing you all safe travels.

Kirk and Myrtie

OP
T

tommymo

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks you all gain for your kind words and support!

In the final stages of getting my gear all locked up. Thank god there is an REI in Salt Lake City near the airport where I can get my final gear like fuel canisters, fire starting supplies, and mountain houses (trying to cut down on my check in luggage weight.

I am going to ask his brother for a small personal item of his to take up with me, going to leave it up on top of a peak, also going to bring a hand full of soil.....bring Idaho back to him.

I am doing better, he is always in my mind, went to the range for the first time last week and found myself talking to him LOL......dont think that is ever going to change.

I will document my experience and cant wait to share it with all of you, this thread has been part of my healing process, thanks again to all of you!!!