Just a little over one month to go!

Looked at my calendar this morning and it's only 37 days until I head out west for my 2nd elk hunt. I feel like just yesterday it was 6 months out and I had all the time in the world to get ready and then BAM it's almost time to leave! Heading back into the same general area that my dad and I hunted last year. Feel more confident this year. We got into elk last year but just couldn't close the deal. I feel more prepared this year, because I am a little more familiar with the hunting area and have slightly more knowledge on elk behavior than I did last year. I'm in better shape than I was last year as well. Going to spend these last 5 weeks really focusing on my core strength and preparing the last few details. Going to have a new elk hunting partner as well. My uncle is heading out with us. He backed out last year but he's got tags in hand this year and is ready to go. I'm glad that he is going because he and my dad will be able to hunt together. Both are well aware of their physical capabilities and acknowledge the fact that there are areas that they just can't physically get into that I can. Last year I felt bad about leaving my dad behind a few times by himself, so this year he will have a hunting partner close by. Needless to say I am fired up. I was within 20 yds of a 6x6 bull last year and couldn't close the deal. Really feel like I have a decent chance at putting an elk on the ground this year. But, whether I kill one or not, I know I will have a great time.

Good luck on your hunt man! Im headed back to Idaho this year and feel a lot better about the spots we hunted and even finding elk in general. I think im more excited this year then last year!

16 days, 10 hours til i leave Ohio to head out for opener.

bz_711

WKR
This will be my 8th consecutive season...and I feel like the excitement is till getting more intense each year...I love it. Hopefully the excitement won't ever have time to fade...as soon I'll be bring my kids along...and then God willing, grandkids.

Enjoy it, Good Luck!

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
16 days to go here.......I guess I need to make time to sort my chit and get packed.......

ljalberta

WKR
Good luck all. 14 days for myself. Both hunting partners have bailed in the past couple weeks, so it's looking like a solo sheep hunt, but it's probably for the better.

FlyGuy

WKR
My flight out is exactly 30 days from today. I'm in about the same position as the OP. 2nd archery season. Much more confident, much better physical condition, much more general knowledge, and much better gear! New area b/c we got extremely lucky and drew a LE WY tag. Just scouted it last weekend and it was a tremendous help. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk