Buying Tags

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
Walmart but be prepared to find no one in the sporting goods dept, having to wait, getting someone who doesn't really know what they are doing, and be prepared to be patient but persistent. We often found we were rolling in from MO at the crack ass of dawn or earlier so hitting Wally World for ice and last minute supplies and buying licenses was normal because nothing else was open. But it was more often than not an hour long circus.....or longer.

I buy them online and pay the $10.00 overnight shipping. Then I dont have to worry about it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So I should move to Colorado? Is that what you're telling me? That's not a bad idea. :)

Might as well. Everyone else has. If you like bumper to bumper traffic all day every day........then this is the place for you.

Man, I took my daughter camping two weeks ago all over the southern and western part of the state to get away from the crowds. When I got home, I told my wife to remind me to NEVER do that again during the summer........just too many people on the roads no matter where you go in this state. And too many 2-lane roads with 45 RV's and a dozen semi's in front of you doing 25.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You've got it too good my man.

I would agree, if you're already coming from a high traffic area. Might as well have the mountains too if you've already got the traffic. But this is the first time in my life that I've been seriously looking for other places to live. I loved driving through Texas this last March though.......until we got near and in San Antonio. West Texas wouldn't be bad for me. I love the heat.

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I would agree, if you're already coming from a high traffic area. Might as well have the mountains too if you've already got the traffic. But this is the first time in my life that I've been seriously looking for other places to live. I loved driving through Texas this last March though.......until we got near and in San Antonio. West Texas wouldn't be bad for me. I love the heat.

Ha... that's exactly what I meant... The mountains cure everything, even road rage.

I moved to the outskirts of the 'hill country' about 45 miles N of San Antonio in 2000 and lived in and around that area for 15 years. San Antonio has "progressed" into a real cluster since then. But yes, driving through west Texas is a lotta fun... You can drive 80 on I-10 and be legal, see a lot of wildlife if you're paying attention and a lot of neat country.

We've had a pretty mild west Texas summer by all accounts, but I'm looking forward to some crisp high country air again soon. Had 38* in my tipi a month ago at 12K. I could get used to that.

Last edited:

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered mine last Friday and got it today. First time elk hunting and it still doesn't feel real.

If you love in Colorado and hate the tradfic, I'll happily trade you northern VA/ DC traffic for it