Easiest decoy for solo

Thinking about picking up a decoy. I had the Montana Echler (spelling?) decoy and lost it after the first hunt lol.

I noticed it was heavier than heck with the stakes.

I was watching Remi Warren's live feed last week and made me think about getting another decoy.

I was looking at the Heads Up for weight but I'd like to use one in the open for a confidence decoy or set it up and go infront of it and off to the side to call.

Are there lighter options for the stakes that come with the Montana? I like how I could hang that decoy, but the stakes were nice, just too heavy.

I'd go for something on the bow but I shoot a longbow.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I use the Montana rump and made my own stakes from aluminum tent poles. I use the heads up if im backpacking.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
Did you also lose the bungee cords that came with your Eichler decoy, that's all I use to deploy mine! I made some home made bungees to use on my other decoys, only time I'd use the poles is if I was hunting in open sage country! Heads up decoy and be the decoy are a couple other options!

sneaky

"DADDY"
It would vibrate off of that Hill style bow anyways lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
I use the full cow elk, no stakes. I use a spring clip from harbor freight to clip it to limbs on the back side of a tree so they can see only parts of it.