2017 Elk opener

Tejasbow

FNG
That is the way to break in a new season! hope to add to the pics and stories this year.

Guff

FNG
Congrats on an awesome bull!! Glad to see all of your hard work paid off

OP
mfllood3800
Never had him on film. He would've been my #2
I scored him best I could B/C and he is a mid 360.
I'm ok with that for sure. I am gonna have him mounted, as I prepared him with a good extra cape from behind the shoulders.

I also just before encountering him, checked that areas camera and found 2 more bulls, all shooters (350 or bigger) but not as nice as this one. I think I found a honey hole for these guys.

OP
mfllood3800
Why aren't you?
Isn't tomorrow Colorado opener?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
Just wanna say thanks again to so many. I have had a lot of PM offering help with the hunt and other info: You guys are great.

I am a business owner for 30 years dealing with public, employees etc. I have also been a Pastor for over 20 years.
I am constantly dealing with people and their issues, which I don't mind, but sometimes I need to get away.
The mountains and hunting have always been that for me.

My parents took all of us to Canada when I was 6 or 7. It has forever been engrained in me from then on to love mountains.

But after this hunt, I realized, my age, body isn't what my mind thinks it is. I am not 30 any more. I have a trip to Idaho scheduled, a solo trip, but may have to rethink that. I am at almost a week after hauling this bull out, and still trying to fully recover.
Those of you who do this multiple times a year I tip my hat to you.

My dad told me, "Marty do this while your body can, cause it wont keep up with your mind"
Glad I had the joy of doing this, but I want more.... lol

Just have to figure out another way other than solo.
And I wont hunt from the road/trail
:)

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Why aren't you?
Isn't tomorrow Colorado opener?

Ya. I'm hunting a new unit this year (again) and going in blind. I liked doing that so much last year that I figured I'd try it again. But I also have a NM hunt the last half, and not sure I want to hunt for 4 weeks straight. So I'll be hunting right before and during ML week in CO and NM the last week. I love the bugling brawls, and those aren't quite as common early season.

OP
mfllood3800
Thx guys, blessings to you on your hunts

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk