Water bladder in pack?

mechengr

FNG
Are the Platypus big zip bladders compatible with the Sawyer Mini? I like the idea of being able to open the bladder and "scoop" water.
I'm panning to run a Sawyer mini with my platypus bladder. Platypus has a "dirty" zip bag and hose kit available to filter water directily into the Big Zip even when it's in the pack. Put a quick disconnect between the bag and bite valve

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Source Tactical ILSP 2L-3L Low Profile Hydration Bladder. It is almost a square shape rather than the long rectangle of most, it fits in the top lid of my pack and not subject squeezing like when a bladder is in the main pack and also easy to fill. I like the Source Tactical bladders for their toughness, the wide mouth top opening, the built in adaptor that works with the Sawyer adaptors, the Rapid refill adaptor that allows for filling from a water bottle/hose/faucet, and the ridge in the center that keeps them from bugling out and more flat.

mvmnts

WKR
I'm running a platypus big zip 3L in my pack and with the sawyer fast fill adapter, I can filter and fill the bag without removing it from my pack. It even works when my pack is stuffed with gear. I've used camelbak in the past and had no problems, but I like the design on the platypus and I've used platypus soft bottles for years without failure. If it bursts then it bursts, it's back to the car for bottles or something as backup. I keep all my important gear bagged up if it needs to be dry.

xziang

WKR
Platypus big zip. I've used it for about a year now and it closed very secure, easy to clean, and has no taste.

Same here.. Friend got me into these and I like it and have used the same one for 4 years now. I installed an inline quick disconnect and use my katadyn pump filter to refill it without having to take it out of the bag. Works great.

OP
I

IL Red

FNG
Does the source zip open like the Platypus big zip? Looks like the Katadyn pump filter will connect at the drinking valve also on the source, is that correct?

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
The source hydration bladders are very tough and have a great way of sealing-kind of like a ziploc-type design. Makes them very easy to clean.

Rangerz

FNG
Does the source zip open like the Platypus big zip? Looks like the Katadyn pump filter will connect at the drinking valve also on the source, is that correct?

The source has a zip top and a screw top. It is compatible with the sawyer quick disconnects. I assume the Katadyn are same size but don't know for sure.

KMT

WKR
I have had the same camelback since 2000 and have used it for hunting and biking. It has survived plenty of falls. My guess is that most brands are pretty good.

BradNSW

FNG
For a week solo hunt, I carry two of these empty in the pack and two full Nalgene bottles on the side of the pack

Amazon.com : Military Outdoor Clothing New 2 Qt OD Canteen with Used 2 Qt OD Canteen Cover with Strap : Sports & Outdoors

I ditch the canvas cover and just use the bladder. Use them to fill up at wallows using a filter and leave them at the tent, then carry the Nalgene's while I hunt. Use the 1 qt bladders for cooking in the evening. Carry them empty to hunt and fill up on the way back to the tent.

Works for me.