Water bladder in pack?

IL Red

FNG
I've never used one, always just carry a couple of nalgene bottles. My pack has a sleeve for one, but I'm worried about a leaker or bust. What is a good one?

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
In pack usually against your back so can get warm from your body heat. I have an Unbottle which is a external sleeve you can attach to the outside of your pack. I've used both.

I use a source bladder and I have crashed my dirtbike and rolled on top of it and had no issues whatsoever. Although it is the only bladder I have ever used I have put it through the ringer and it hasn't leaked yet.

Nateinia

Lil-Rokslider
on the same topic. I run a gen2 duplex and emr ii. Im in the process of moving now so I won't see my camelback bladder for another week. How does it attach?

Stein

FNG
Source Hydration are the best I have seen, get the green military versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
I like and still use the old grey osprey bladders. Not sure if you can find them anymore (mine is 5+years old). I haven't tried the new ones.

MSR Dromedary and Dromlite are bomb proof. I don't like how much the drinking hose attachment sticks out though

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I've used bladders for years a and have had problems with camel backs leaking at the screw top. The last 6/7 years I switched to platypus big zips and haven't had an issue. This year I'm using an old platty as a dirty bag with my sawyer and one platty between my kuiu 1800 bag and frame for clean water. Which ever you choose I would get one that allows you to disconnect hose from the bag, it makes removing your bladder from your pack easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnboy

WKR
Are the Platypus big zip bladders compatible with the Sawyer Mini? I like the idea of being able to open the bladder and "scoop" water.

I have used camelback and osprey for the past several years and have only had user error issues where I don't get the lid on properly. I wear them while riding mountain bike and have gone over the bars a few times landing directly on the pack and have not had any ruptures of any kind. unless you poke with with a knife I think you'll be good to go.

I would certainly ruin a hunt if you empty a full bladder onto your puffy at the wrong time. Bottles are heavy.