ML in Colorado Archery seasons

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I wish it was more like MT, general elk tag that can be used during all weapon seasons with special permits for draw areas for specific weapon types.

Agreed. I would be willing to pay more if they would just sell less tags. It's hard to get away from other hunters at times. Tags are vastly oversold and the seasons are laughable.

sndmn11

WKR
I do not like the idea of a split archery season, because I see it as a first step towards two separate archery seasons with two separate tags. I think if muzzle loaders and archers need to be separated, moving archers forward and having the muzzle loaders come in after would be fair. I honestly think that there should be a one week longer "primitive" season and tag, so that it is one continuous set of dates, but for a certain block of time only muzzle loaders can be used. Being one continuous season would ease my fears of changes ending up into two separate archery seasons.

weaver

WKR
A solution looking for a problem imho.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
They are trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Any of their so-called solutions don't solve anything. Remember the story 2-3 years ago in CO of the bowhunter that got shot in the head by another bowhunter? Split seasons doesn't solve that. Split seasons doesn't solve an idiot shooting another ML hunter wearing all orange. They are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Do we have idiots? Yes. But that will always be the case no matter how many regulations they implement. You can't regulate stupidity out of the equation.

They've already screwed the seasons up enough. There used to be just three rifle seasons.......separate elk, separate deer, and combined elk and deer. Wish they had stuck with those.

dotman

WKR
I'll take my chances. And living in America with our so-called liberties and freedoms, we should have the right to choose whether we want to wear orange or pink or camo while hunting. OUR life, OUR choice.

I completely agree, all this requirement and this discussion is is more liberal we have to protect you because your all idiots. We all can make a choice on our own levels of risk, don't need gov telling us that. Now if your an idiot and kill someone, well the gov has you covered there.