1 or 2 pair of boots? Wyoming outfitted horseback basecamp

Going on outfitted horseback basecamp hunt Wyoming first week of October.
Question is: I'm flying in and space is limited. 1 hr horseback ride to Basecamp from the trailhead. Im definitely taking my Lowas Camino gtx with me, should I make room for an extra pair of boots? I have a set of kuiu gaiters that I'm taking as well. Hunt is 7 days, but outfitter will give me 10 days if needed to get the job done. Tent with wood burning stove at night.
I have spent a long time getting the proper gear ready so I just want to be prepared as I can with the space available.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

muddydogs

WKR
An extra pair of boots is never a bad thing to have, at the least some kind of camp shoe would be good so you can take off your boots and let them dry or air when just hanging out.

jlivgren

FNG
Second camp shoe and leave a extra pair of boots at trail head. If conditions are good, not a 10 day forecast of rain sleet snow mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradNSW

FNG
Carry my camp in (37lb) pack. One pair of boots for 7 days. Keep an extra in the truck for 2nd week if I trash the first.

If taking horses in, I'd bring an extra pair of boots and a pair of sandals to air out the feet.

Gorp2007

WKR
I'm not an expert, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in the past. I'm going on a horseback outfitter elk hunt this fall in Colorado and I'm planning to bring 2 pairs of boots and a pair of camp shoes. My outfitter "limits" each hunter to two large duffels that will fit in the panniers, so I'm going to maximize my return on investment and fill those bad boys up. Wet/cold feet can ruin a hunt and the horse won't notice the extra weight.

dec0y

FNG
Carry my camp in (37lb) pack. One pair of boots for 7 days. Keep an extra in the truck for 2nd week if I trash the first.

If taking horses in, I'd bring an extra pair of boots and a pair of sandals to air out the feet.

This.

Rveen

FNG
I brought two pairs with me on an outfitted hunt last year during the same week, lined and unlined. I never wore the unlined boots the whole trip. But it never got that warm. I'd also recommend a pair of camp shoes. Might want a little more than sandals though because it can get muddy in camp if it is wet.

elkduds

WKR
Since boots are an item you can't hunt without and can't use someone else's if yours fail, I'd go redundant w them. Insurance for an expensive-sounding trip.

mntnguide

WKR
Your feet can get very cold riding on a horse.. if temps drop, your still putting pressure in the stirrup which cause your feet to not get great blood circulation...i usually wore Pac type boots the whole season once the snow fell. If you opt for 1 pair and start getting cold, don't hesitate to tell your guide you want to get off and walk for a short bit... it could change your attitude drastically over being freezing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Usually I bring two pairs of insoles for the same pair of boots. I've been doing this for more than a decade. I swap the insoles each morning and let the other ones dry for 24 hours. I bring two sets of mid-weight merino socks and 2 pairs of heavy merino socks if the weather will be cold. I usually run Zamberlan boots. If the weather is supposed to be cold I take the taller Guide gtx's, if it's going to be above freezing most of the day I take 997 trek tops. In years past I would spend a little over 100 days in the field per year, and 2 sets of insoles with the right boots always worked well for me, plus insoles weigh a lot less than boots and they don't take up hardly any room.

jmez

WKR
One pair of boots and crocs or something similar for night. If your boots get wet they will dry over night with a wood stove .

The Doob

FNG
I went on a horseback hunt in the Bob Marshall wilderness and only took one pair of boots - Kennetrek Mountain extremes, uninsulated. That was all I needed as they stayed dry through the rain, snow and mud. My hunting compadres however did not have high quality boots and it was a race to see who could get their boots next to the wood stove to try and dry them out overnight

So, if your boots are high quality you may only need the one pair. If not, take two